barlow stage four set ups

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
modpop
Main scooter: PX POLINI 221

is it the new 218 kit with 60 crank or the older one with the packer your discussing? i've had, still got both. ran pretty much the same jetting in both, bar a bigger main in the 218(great bit of kit) 126 main be3 160ac 60/160 pilot for the 218 and 122 main on the 200 both set ups with std p2 gearing b8 plug. si26 carb and sip road with 218 and b-race dominator with the 200. b-race pulled great with std 4th(the b-race is for sale if any ones interested,as is the hb200stage4) on the 200kit.
cezeta

cit205 wrote:Not to detract from the fact that the kit has a good reputation (and price) as far as i know, what was meant to be 'turbotastic' and new about the piston ,is it not just an oversize piston with a bit of tuning work done to it to match the tuned jacked up barrel and machined/reprofiled head?
i had previously been lead to believe it was a similar piston to the gs piston......previously on scooterotica the beedspeed piston had been said to be of poor quality ( although harry putting his name to it puts that into question)
Rosa Bianca

Another quick update and a few clarifications.......................

I've edited my original post, my apologies, the squish is only 2mm, and I'm not using a packing plate with the 60mm crank, sorry for the confusion.

The filter I'm using is drilled (2 holes) Cosa type i believe, the restriction was with the new aftermarket blue coloured filters that have a second layer of finer mesh inside, it seems to cause air flow restrictions on tuned motors, so I removed it.

The Pro Porting piston is not the same as the Beedspeed, which I believe is of Indian origin.

Currently on same jetting as previously posted, which is rich, but the running in period is complete (1300kms done so far), so will be fine tuning and possibly trying other carb configurations - 24/24G with Vortex and maybe the Spaco 26/26 (actually 25mm).

I was hoping there would be others with the longstroke kit and the Revolver exhaust who could give feedback on their set ups ??
goldeneye

old thread ressurected. just fitted a HB stage 4 to my work scooter (modpops old top end) put new chrome inlaid rings on the piston, its the one with the pack plate under the barrel. running a SIP road pipe, drilled filter, T5 4th gear, Augusto 6000 , 160/BE3/122-55/160. lightened standard flywheel. revs up clean, pulls well , and seems a lot more responsive than a standard P200 barrel. running on 3% Castrol Actevo. only done a few miles due to the weather, but it feels like a good bit of kit. not a rocket, ive a Pollossi on the go thatll fill that gap! :lol:
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

Just finished fitting mine tonight -

Harry Barlow 207cc cylinder,
Harry Barlow fettled head,
68mm Harry Barlow piston,
18 degree timing (IT mark),
130 main jet,
Air mix screw 2 turn out,
Revolver RHS exhaust.

Kicked it over and it started about 3rd kick after the engine being totally stripped and rebuilt by me :o , left it ticking over for a bit and all sounds good. I'll do the running in going back and forward to work over the next couple of weeks. I'll post up what I find if anybody is wanting to know how it goes.

Got nothing but good things to say about Harry, he'll definitely be getting more engines from me....
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
Rosa Bianca

Any updates frazerp200e or goldeneye, or has the weather beaten you?
Mine is put away at the moment, but will be dragging it out for the Cocoa Beach down in Florida next month.
goldeneye

snow on the ground at the minute up here, but i have put a simonini on mine as it seemed to "want" a few more revs, if you get me drift. only really been round the block with it like this (done a couple of hundred with the SIP pipe on) seems good.
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

harry barlow modifies the simonini pipe to compliment his stage 4 tune(never had one like), goldeneye the siminini's a good pipe for it and a better pipe for it is a jl....
johnny rotten
Main scooter: px200e

I'm in the process of building a HB stage 4 207 with revolver pipe, gas flow crank, T5 fouth gear , lightened px flywheel and std 24mm carb just upjetted, can anyone give me an idea of realistic potential top end and cruising speeds with this set up once run in?

Cheers

John
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

i run a HB stage 4 on a 200 barrel done by mick abbey, mazza race crank ,t5 fourth, L/flywheel, JL exhaust on a 125 main on that set up accelerates pretty quick. cruising at 60/5mph easily and is strong and torquey and will pull well to 73ish but screaming like a banshi and still good on petrol 85/90mile to the tank....
i,ve spoke to harry and he ranted and raved about his 210 kit and he said he goes everywhere flat out and keeping up with his mates Ts1's so on that note i,d be expecting 65/70 cruising and upto 80, it'll be screaming like! you,ll probably be on a 130 main...
on his 210 kit the piston to bore is 5 thou and squish 2.4 so it'll take top end thrashing.......good luck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information