barlow stage four set ups

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
goldeneye

havnt had any fuel starvation probs. just a standard petrol tank/tap, but run a foam filter on the outside of the box, and no standard airfilter , 122 main. wanged the arse off it for a few months now, I drill the petrol cap right through about 5mm, to stop airlocks.just changed back to the SIP road pipe (had to put the simonini on BILs scooter for weekend) only thing on the 24 SI ive changed from standard , apart from the jetting, is drill the banjo out a bit to help flow.
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

Had a wee look yesterday, no signs of any seize but found another couple of things that could have caused it. HT cap was loose (now changed) and the carb filter, in the float bowl was really dirty and blocked so I cleaned all that out too. I put the standard flywheel back on too to get more air to the barrel and head as I'll be taking it to Scarborough tomorrow, it's just under 300 miles for me and a lot of those will be motorway so I'll see how I get on.........seems to be running ok at the moment (kiss of death :roll: )
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

goldeneye wrote:just changed back to the SIP road pipe (had to put the simonini on BILs scooter for weekend)
Hi.
"SIP road pipe": Are you talking about the one based on the standard exhaust but with the segmented down pipe?
If so do you rate it? How is it compared to the simmonininini or anything else for that matter?

SF
goldeneye

yeah, the standard looking one. I think its great, I took it off to try the simonini , which worked well also on the HB 200, and riding it tonight it suits the "touring tune" style of this barrel. its well made and fits perfect, only down side was, the paint is a bit crap , and ive done mine with brush on high temp engine paint to get a thick coat on it, its a daily workhorse so practicality, over looks, rools.ok!
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Okay cheers. Think I will get one. :).
Though I really like the looks of the Pinasco pipe but can't help but think it will be rubbish. :?

SF
goldeneye

went ok to scarboro and back, I thought it was shite on the way over at first, but I was riding with 9 TS1"s and a tuned Rapido, who left me for dead as would be expected. but the couple of P-ranges with standard carb"d malossis couldn't catch me in the wind. on the way back it ran lovely, but a bit of oil on the back tyre looks like ive blown the dreaded drive side oil seal....bugger! :? :D :D looks like I"ll have to use the Lammy for work for a bit... :)
Shaunbond

I also took my px200 stage 4 HB from Preston to scarborough. It was the first poper run after running in and its getting better by the mile. Tried a RHS pipe on it and was struggling to pull hills or into headwind so changed back to sito+ for scarborough and its much better again. I went with my mate and his missus on their LML200 which performed well but was no match for the PX, may be a bit unfair as they where 2up but the two of them together don't weigh much more than me :lol: overall very impressed and no noticable difference in MPG between the two either, he had to give the LML more stick to maintain the speed I was travelling at. :D :D

Funny enough I also have oil on the back wheel but it looks like its from the clutch arm seal, need to find a 200 clutch cover as its a new seal so cover must be worn.
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
goldeneye

strange that , as I was talking to a lad on Friday who was adamant his LML 4 stroke 125 did 85mph on the way over..... after a bit of healthy debate , I called him a knob and told him to f@@k off.
Shaunbond

So my mates 200 should do the magic ton then really, I'll tell him he's bought a lemon :lol: :lol: :lol:
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
goldeneye

Shaunbond wrote:So my mates 200 should do the magic ton then really, I'll tell him he's bought a lemon :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah, he was adamant he wasn't getting mph and kph mixed up.. :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information