P2 niggley problem

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Tim
Main scooter: Vespa HB Stage4

I have a P2 disc with a Harry Barlow stage 4, T5 carb and sito pipe. It runs great apart from a small issue!

When I change gear and I release the clutch there’s a fraction of a second of nothing and then it bursts into life.
I’ve checked for air leaks and there are none. Although I probably should take the cylinder cowl off and check again. And I think its readyish for a new clutch.
I did have a larger piolet jet in which I thought may be the problem. I now have the standard T5 pilot in and although the scoots throttle response is better the issue still occurs.

I had an issue last year when I rebuilt. I’d put a new fuel pipe on and it was too long. This resulted in me running out of fuel when the tank was a ¼ full. Could the pipe be slightly too long still?

Any suggestions or thoughts would be really appreciated.

Regards..Tim
soullad
Dealer

do you find you have to give it a fistful of throttle to get it going or does it feel as this second gap is caused as the clutch struggles to release and so takes time to engage the gearbox?
Tim
Main scooter: Vespa HB Stage4

No i dont have to open it up to get it going. It feels like the clutch sticking. I did run it for quite a few miles without gear box oil :wtf: long story :oops: so i have suspected the clutch. But as it goes ok was sort of hoping it was'nt.

I'm due a strip down and a T5 4th soon so i can run a JL and was planning to change the clutch then.

I think its probably the clutch

Cheers for the reply

Tim
shamrockexpress

Try running it with the air hose disconnected from the frame!!!
certain seats sit to close to the air hole in front of the petrol tank and this can cause air starvation!!!!

Its just a thought i,ve seen this happen a few times.
good luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information