SS180 exhaust

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
woody

I want to give my ss180 a bit more mph and put a sports exhaust on it, whats the best one to use and who sells them ? cheers
captaincavern
Main scooter: px200,ss180

woody wrote:I want to give my ss180 a bit more mph and put a sports exhaust on it, whats the best one to use and who sells them ? cheers
Hello Woody , do you want a "look like stock" exhaust or a really sport one (loud & big) ? , if your engine is stock , I think the SIP road is the best solution ,but the diameter of the exhaust tube is not the same on PX and SS....
guygrrr
Main scooter: 1980 Vespa P187

http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1917

this'll give you some more options. i think SIP has them as well.
----------------------
more can do, less doodoo.
woody

captaincavern wrote:
woody wrote:I want to give my ss180 a bit more mph and put a sports exhaust on it, whats the best one to use and who sells them ? cheers
Hello Woody , do you want a "look like stock" exhaust or a really sport one (loud & big) ? , if your engine is stock , I think the SIP road is the best solution ,but the diameter of the exhaust tube is not the same on PX and SS....
I,ve got a ken cobbin exhaust on at the moment and it looks and sounds great but slows the scooter down so i,d really like something retro looking not too modern also
i know the downpipe diameter is different but is the spacing for the exhaust bolt different too ?
woody

guygrrr wrote:http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1917

Thanks guygrr , this should open up options for me ,is the exhaust bolt to downpipe spacing the same as a p2 ?
captaincavern
Main scooter: px200,ss180

woody wrote:
captaincavern wrote:
I,ve got a ken cobbin exhaust on at the moment and it looks and sounds great but slows the scooter down so i,d really like something retro looking not too modern also
i know the downpipe diameter is different but is the spacing for the exhaust bolt different too ?

Yes ,spacing is the same ,i've put a SS exhaust on a P200 engine (reducing to 42mm the cylinder exhaust tube) and the bolt fit just fine on the engine . So I think the opposite will work just the same ;)
woody

guygrrr wrote:http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1917

i,ve bought one of these and they,ve sent the wrong one , the one that came isn,t stepped as in the picture and as so is too small for a p2 exhaust to tighten up on . I,ve tried emailing them and had no response has anybody else used them before ,cheers woody
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information