Upgrading a non disc px

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
leehuggy72

Happy new year.. :lol:

Is it possible to mod the lower headset to accept a disc master cylinder, rather than having to buy one..

is it easy to do ?

I have a pre disc px that i want to upgrade the front forks to disc...
gaz_powell

beedspeed do a bracket with a m/c (nissin) that bolts on and sip do a bracket to use the grimeca m/c both require some filing of the orginal headset -only thing is they throw the m/c lever a long way out

http://beedspeed.com/product_info.php?products_id=6383 - think this a spaq or sterling product

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Produ ... IMECA.aspx
if you pm your email address i can send you a cad drawing with a the dims to make your own or get a fab shop to do it - should cost about £20

all the best
scootRS.com
Dealer

We fit our Vespa PX master cylinder kit right in so it is tidier, but you have to cut a bit:

That should give you a few options. Good luck with it.
poshscooter

I upgraded my non disc PX about 6 months ago with a SCOOTRS kit and have not looked back. The headset was easy to modify with hack saw, file and dremmel. The thing I had in my favour was this was carried out before respraying so i didn't have to worry about damaging the paintwork. But the results are great, excellent braking with suprisingly good feedback and feel. It was just a bit of a pain to bleed at first.
gadgetman

Yes I have the Vespa ScootRs kit ready to fit and I would agree that it looks a quality bit of engineering every bit as good as the Lambretta one
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information