Not quite what was expected!!!!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
pepparts

Who of you is William? The owner of the engine.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Diablo wrote:Hey Tony your forgetting about your friend and mine Nic Paloucci. His 220 makes 25hp on our dyno and over 20ft/lb of torque. I believe the secret to his is a reed inlet right above the vee'd crank webs and a nice big fat pipe curling inder the left hand panel. Its a monster to ride and not in the least peakey.
Thats cheating al... I said 210! His is a 220 :lol:
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
joeythescooterboy

pepparts wrote:Who of you is William? The owner of the engine.
He's not on here fella.
I've just spoken to him and told him that I'd posted this thread and explained that that there are several trains of thought on the motor, but once again I'd like to point out that neither of us is slating you or the motor, just confused that certain things were not done.
Anyway, he is in the middle of moving house at the moment so has neither a landline nor the internet, once he is back online you can drop him an email, you should have his address as he sent several emails while waiting for the engine.
Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est.
pepparts

I know. No problem with your thoughts. I don´t get it wrong ;-)

Do you have the chance to get on a dyno with the motor?

Just some crazy thoughts of me. I could come to you with some exhausts for the motor maybe with a motor (35 HP) too and have some tries on the dyno. To get to know each other and sharing experience. I don´t want to be known as a thiefbayer or someone who makes weird things on motors.
joeythescooterboy

Will's been away for a few days and is having a bit of an emotional time at the minute building his house so I'm not sure as to when he'd be able to get it on a dyno.
I would have been setting it up for him so if you give us a heads up on a set up you've already dyno'd I'll set it up using your recommendations as a start point and then once it's run in I'll get him to a dyno.
If he can get anywhere near the 25PS claimed I'm sure he'd be a very happy teddy.

Again kid, Will had nothing to do with this, it was me questioning the motor, and believe me if I'd thought that it was a rip off I would have said so.
pepparts

what kind of carb and exhaust will you use?
joeythescooterboy

Ben, Will has a new JL right hander and a 30mm delly so we'll probably be going with that.
pepparts

Unfortunately I have no experience with a Dello carb. I used it many years ago. I always take the Mikuni TMX 30 on motors. With the mikuni you get a better air/gas mixture and it´s better in performance. my experience.
joeythescooterboy

No probs.
look I'll keep you informed of our progress once it's up and running, and then once it's run in I'll make him get in on a dyno and publish the results on here and if it does perform as well as you say then I shall do a walk of shame, and probably end up starting another thread on why we've been needlessly opening up transfers for so long :D
sean brady scooters
Dealer

just for general info and perhaps as a sort of base line guide...we looked back over some previous motors we have built and dyno,d
all were malossi 210 kitted motors(but std stroke cranks),reed valved and with the cases ported to match the kit,all ran 30mm dellys,and most with the RH JL.....
cranks were all chamfered to give 360 degrees of intake ...
and all were on static timing
and all std malossi kits as in no porting etc.
obviously there are many other factors and differences to take into account that affect the overall results such as different reed blocks/reeds ..filtered or open,different pipes,gearing and even flywheel weights...on and on, but heres our average output....for this type of spec motor on OUR dyno.
22 BHP
17 FT/LBS of torque,with a very good spread of useable power
and quite in the realms of lambretta TS1 225,s power / performance wise.
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information