early vespa p200 clutch upgrade

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
santacama

I use MMW (10,5:1 / 1,2 squish) without any problem.
cezeta

santacama wrote:I use MMW (10,5:1 / 1,2 squish) without any problem.
thats what ive got too as everybody recomended it a specific to the malossi or polini rather than a converted standard head.
santacama

cezeta wrote:
thats what ive got too as everybody recomended it a specific to the malossi or polini rather than a converted standard head.

¿¿¿¿¿¿?????? The MMW is a converted standard head.
Diablo
Dealer

joeythescooterboy wrote:Al what head are you using and who did it?

Used a Malossi and a PM (for Malossi,) head and both pink like a pink thing. I've only used them as they were lying around once my Malossi snapped the exhaust stub.
The PM has lower compression than the proper Malossi head but the squish is all wrong due to the Malossi piston having a flatter crown profile than the Polini.
I have squished it and got 1.2mm at the piston edge but it goes down to 0.9mm at the inner edge of the band so it's obviously not working as it should. Instead of pushing the gas into the combustion bowl it's obviously trapping it at the edge.
Who does the best head for a Polini??
Jerry at Readspeed did the head on my scoot and I can't fault it. On the Polinis I've built recently Harry Barlow has machined them.
cezeta

santacama wrote:
cezeta wrote:

¿¿¿¿¿¿?????? The MMW is a converted standard head.
with corrected compression ratio.....so im told.....rather than just a skimmed and re profiled head. but dont take my word, im new to vespas after 20 years of dissing them so i do as im recomended to do :?
santacama

Yes, yes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information