KEGRA T5 190 KIT!!!!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

I had a MB 180 back in the day, DT175 piston, casing opened for the cylinder spigot, cylinder head slotted into top of cylinder. I recall it being incredibly torquey and smooth. I inherited the engine off a friend who had it built but then had a bad smash on his P2 and didn't want to ride anymore. The engine came without a clutch so being skint I just threw any old clutch at it which made it unreliable and I eventually sold it without getting the best out of it.
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

Can you remember the exhaust you used?
I've managed to aquire an early mk1 mikeck to use on mine, the cylinders going off to Kegra next week for a fettle and piston so hopefully after doing some crank and inlet work it should be ready to abuse in the next couple of weeks....
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

225worb wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:22 pm Can you remember the exhaust you used?
I've managed to aquire an early mk1 mikeck to use on mine, the cylinders going off to Kegra next week for a fettle and piston so hopefully after doing some crank and inlet work it should be ready to abuse in the next couple of weeks....
Mine used a PM exhaust at that time. The bloke who got it off me discovered a lengthwise crack in the down pipe that was invisible unless the bike was being revved under load. Probably why I couldn't get it jetted in. In my defence, I was skint and trying to run a thoroughbred motor on dole money at the time.
225worb

I had a cal from Graham today to tell me the kit is now ready with its new piston BUT.....the conversion wasn't a Kegra item !!!!
I've spoken to MB and they mark all there cylinders with MBR and they they only used standard T5 cylinders then modified them which is what Kegra did as well !!
So i'm going to call chiselspeed to try and gain some more info..
On the plus side ive got me new Mikeck bolted on and WoW what a sound.....so hopefully ounce the kits back and bolted on with some fettling it should be quite loud and very fast....
shamrockexpress

I can assure you that is one of graham best kits, i know the guy who bought it originally built by graham into his mk1 T5 circa 1993 after two full rally seasons he blew it after a lot of miles it was very reliable and fast. he then moved onto a keg tuned gp 235 reed valve. Only one other possibility is John Balcomb built it when he was working in kegra but it was done in the shop.I,m in N.Ireland and my mate who owned it is in peterborough i will contact him to see if he remembers.
regards
225worb

Hey shamrock
Yes your right.....
I spoke to Graham again today to arrange the delivery back with its new piston ...
He did say he always (like many) numbered all work to cylinders etc and after having closer look noticed the his faint initials ..The reason he didn't think it was initially was because a number years ago his log of work back then (1993) was miss layed.....so yeah it is his work he wasn't sure as why the pinasco cylinder was used instead of the standard cylinder as normally used...
Thanks for the heads up and any more info regarding how your mate ran it etc would be appreciated ....unfortunately though the base transfers have been butchered (not by Graham !!!) so a made up gasket should hopefully seal it well without problems..
I cant wait to hear it with the mikeck, I'm sure its going to be even louder and be pretty pokey!!!!Ayeeee.
225worb

Cylinder arrived back today with its new Wiseco piston......
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

225worb wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:54 pm Cylinder arrived back today with its new Wiseco piston......
anychance of a few piccys m8?
225worb

If I could.....I'd love to show off some pictures..
But always had a blinking tweet nightmare getting pics up...
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

225worb wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:00 pm If I could.....I'd love to show off some pictures..
But always had a blinking tweet nightmare getting pics up...
use this webpage mate, its really easy
https://postimages.org/

upload your image & then as in piccy ive added
- to Copy link - click on the blue icon at the end of option - hotlink for forums,
then paste it here (using control v)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information