RB inlet manifold

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Can anyone explain why the RB inlet manifold angles backwards slightly? It takes the carb closer to the engine mount and some long range tanks need altering even though they were fine with TS1s. I'm wondering if a new manifold was developed {similar to the short CNC TS1 versions that are available with the bolt on rubber to create space between carb and panel} would you design it so that the inlet was straight rather than angled backwards, or infact would it benefit {maybe a slight ramair effect} from angling it slightly forward?

martints1

...a new CNC-manifold is in work....cheers Martin
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

I myself never had any probs on Reflections with a 34mm VHSB & Ive got to say with a diablo tank. (Advert again Al) ;)

But from pics as you quite rightly say it does point back abit.

I think myself what I would do if it were a prob would be to slice the manifold from rear to front
and then rotate forward and reweld and fettle.

Bit of a clat I know but if it needs doing :(

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
corrado
Dealer

martints1 wrote:...a new CNC-manifold is in work....cheers Martin
A cast one is in the design process here, presumably cheaper than CNC, so as neither are yet available lets hope nobody is accused of copying the other. :idea:

I was just curious to know if the air flow would be drastically affected by changing the flow angle.
AUSSIE

I hope these new manifolds have longer slots in them to match the length of the reeds? Not like the the standard one. Any one have any idea why it was made like that in the first place?
T5-190

{maybe a slight ramair effect} Been working at Reno F1 this week, so I ran this past some of the guys there. They imformed me that ramair does not work until you are going at least 100 mph. They told me that on a F1 engine the air going into the engine is diverted until the car is going fast enough to take effect. Hope this helps.
corrado
Dealer

It's an RB.................................................... of course we'll be doing 100mph. :mrgreen:
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

It might do the TON with you on it martin, there,s not alot of you :lol: , if i get in the 80s iam a happy bunny :D .
madmaex08

cnc manifold should be available in the next weeks.

http://www.germanscooterforum.de/Lambre ... 1066043017

pictures are of a rough prototype with wrong connecting holes but with the way better carb-connection
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I want one!!!
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information