RB inlet manifold

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Martin, any idea when the cast ones will be available.
martints1

...I think my manifolds (shown in the link to GSF) should be ready to order in 10-14 days ! cheers Martin
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Cost? Where to order from?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
martints1

Hi,
...the manifold will cost around €100-120,00 exkl. p&p. Send me an email to ts1_mg@hotmail.com
cheers Martin
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

OK, cool.

If you do a proper post in dealer innovations etc, you might pickup a few sales etc. ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
martints1

...I have problems to post the fotos - can you do that for me ? thanks Martin
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Ah, 2 Martins with conflicts of interest. Which is good for the customers. My supplier is casting them so should be cheaper than CNC, but the CNC will look nicer. He's testing a prototype so hopefully they won't be long.

I've got the cast versions for the TS1, they're about £70 plus P&P, including the bolt on rubber connector.
martints1

...the TS1-version is cheaper as the RB-version, because it is smaller (less material) and didn´t have a stuffer as the RB-version...
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Martin [corrado], are you going to adwick [doncaster] parts fair tomorrow and if so have you got a prototype of the cast inlet you can take for me to have a look at. i have a spare RB22 barrel and piston and iam looking to buy an inlet for it, hopefully new and inproved :D , regards, gary.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

This is what Madmaex was talking about from the german forum on the previous page.

Nice. I respond better to pictures......

Some of the design issues with the RB manifold are to do with AF trying to avoid a patent issue with Tassinari's V-Force reed valve, making the monifold a bit of a compromise. If you look at the Worb RB engine from a recent issue of scootering (it made really silly horse power, but looked all-but unrideable from the dyno graph) they took out the AF reed and inserted a traditional V-force item. As the engine made 40+bhp, there is no doubt that the Tassinari flowed as much (if not more) than the AF Reed.

I can see that Worb's choice might be driven by a desire to maintain the velocity of the incoming charge. I believe that the standard RB inlet manifold does little to assist this. I also think that AF may have noticed this, and realised that opening-out the manifold to the full length of their own reeds would hamper this further.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information