Antidive upgrade scootRs brake.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Stian

I have the uprgrade kit for my brake, but it looks for me like it only will fit drum links... I have disc links.
Is it something I dont understand or do I have to chance links to drum type?

Anyone knows?

Cheers
Stian
soulsurfer

It shouldn't matter as is doesn't locate in the lug on drum links or the the bolt lug on disc links. Post a picture as it somd like you don't have the correct parts. TBH I wouldn't touch this kit as it's poorly engineered and poorly made IMO.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
J1MS

soulsurfer wrote:It shouldn't matter as is doesn't locate in the lug on drum links or the the bolt lug on disc links. Post a picture as it somd like you don't have the correct parts. TBH I wouldn't touch this kit as it's poorly engineered and poorly made IMO.
Do you think the ScootRS disc brake kit is poorly made or is it that just the anti dive kit is poorly made :?:
soulsurfer

Just the anti-dive Mark. Although the Disc brake isn't perfect by any means, it's not bad and good value for money. I just think the antidive is crude and a joke as far as basic engineering goes.
leebeduff

They do different versions , I've got the drum links and the Scoot RS backplate
fits into the link . I would change your links as it would cost a fortune to send the
disc brake back!!
As for the anti-dive mechanism it works but not very well designed , did someone
say JB Tuning did an upgrade for the bar and bolts part?

Nice city Bergen , have you still got the Football pub/bar?
J1MS

soulsurfer wrote:Just the anti-dive Mark. Although the Disc brake isn't perfect by any means, it's not bad and good value for money. I just think the antidive is crude and a joke as far as basic engineering goes.
Im Glad you said that, as Im thinking of getting an RS disc for my LI series 1, when I finally start to build it... :!:
leebeduff

I've got mine on my series 1 , it works and looks good . As long as you don't mind doing
a bit of fettling you'll be ok.
soulsurfer

leebeduff wrote:They do different versions , I've got the drum links and the Scoot RS backplate
fits into the link . I would change your links as it would cost a fortune to send the
disc brake back!!
The back plate on the antidive shouldn't locate into anything as it needs to pivot on the centre spindle/axle, the links are irrelevent :?
Stian

I just look at the speedo drive that comes with the kit and it looks like it only fits on the drum links, I should look better in to it. With my new HH-pads and the new RB25 engine I have to do somthing about the diving in front.

I just come back from JB tuning to weeks ago with my new RB252cc engine... A big bugger if they make a upgrade kit that I did't bring back when I was there.. I send John a mail then.

I agree that the upgrade kit does't look like a brilliant piece off enginering, but I have it(even 2 sets..)allready and as I said I have to do someting about my front end.

You should come to Bergen and I will show you better places then the football pub.... But yes it still exist!
soulsurfer

I think the speedo drive will sit up against the link once fitted and not require to locate on the link lug.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information