REAR HUB HELP

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
marburys

Hi need help, got indian gp 200 sil engine,Problem when i put rear hub on it wont turn, try series 2 hub ,f a italia they dont turn when tighten to correct torque. try series 3 hub when tighten it still rattles side to side , all correct cones with each hubs, any ideas ?
thackers

Do you need to back off the brake cable adjuster? :oops:
andylaw7

my guess is (for what its worth )they are the wrong cones or your hub nut is to short i.e internally or something to do with your layshaft . p s im probably wrong. :)
dirtyhandslopez

Don't think it would cause it(never put one togheter like this), but what about the washer under the cone? Did you fit it?
That's not going anywhere...
marburys

dirtyhandslopez wrote:Don't think it would cause it(never put one togheter like this), but what about the washer under the cone? Did you fit it?
yes fitted washer behind cone, series 3 one fine on 150 special , series 2 fine on orginal engine and f a italia one brand new with cone supplyed.
eibarlad

posts on this subject a couple of years ago & the problem seems to be the spacing of the pivot pins where the shoes fit being slightly out on some Indian motors.I had the Same problem so I tapped the hub on a little bit with a rubber mallet, tap off & file or rub down the high spots on the shoes. You have to repeat this untill the hub sits home. Not ideal but I think it'll sort it.Try & find previous posts on the subject
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

had the same problem on my SIL GP200 engine when replacing the rear brake shoes. For my situation . found that the bottom brake shoe (trailing?) was moving before the the top (leading) shoe so filed a mm or so off the bottom shoe heel to allow both shoes to expand together...
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
marburys

rog60 wrote:had the same problem on my SIL GP200 engine when replacing the rear brake shoes. For my situation . found that the bottom brake shoe (trailing?) was moving before the the top (leading) shoe so filed a mm or so off the bottom shoe heel to allow both shoes to expand together...
sanded bit more off shoes high spots, then filed some off shoe where sits on brake cam they sit flat on it now, torque up spins nicely. Thanks for your suggestions and help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information