can this work ???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fishi

Dan,

can you help me to post a pic more ??

Is it possible the this kit WAS a "" TAFFSPEED SS 240 "" as discussed at LCGB some time ago in a thread,
useing a Kawasaki H2 750 piston, with 71mm and a 116mm TV rod ??

fishi
Last edited by fishi on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Taffspeed 240? Wow...who knows? Where did you get the pic? Do you have the kit?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
fishi

yes I ihave a Kit, perhaps this can help :

http://www.forums.ilambretta.com/viewto ... =16&t=8777

read Ian´s (Taffspeed) first post on page 3 !!

fishi
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

To save time, I have pasted it here:
Hi to all,

It was back in 1978 when I was just doing my sidecar novice races when Graig & Steve of the Manchester Lyons Club loaned me their outfit, while they made me a sidecar chassis for the following 1979 season.

During this time I had only a 200cc motor but towards the end of that season Ray Kemp had prepared his first AF250 for the Earls Court Motorcycle Show, also R J Ware & Sons who I worked for prepared the first of the Taffspeed Specials. Both scooters were displayed on the "Two Four Accessories" stand the then Lambretta importers.

Ray had Omega in Italy make the 60mm stroke crankshafts which was the basis of the AF250.
I used it with the 71mm Kawasaki KH750 piston to make my sidecar outfit 244cc for which proved to be unbeatable for the last 6 races of that season.

It was from this engine configuration the Taffspeed GP240SS was born using the new Indian GP200 many painted in Silver Metalflake & various Candyapple colours sold by RJ Ware & Sons.

Taffspeed have done a 240 motor again for those that want large capasity but a wide spead of power with ecconomy any where from 16bhp upto 22bhp @ the rear wheel. You decide the specification required we build it!

I hope this helps put light on the conversion for those wanting to know it's history. These pistons are approximatly £155 for O/E Kawasaki units, but Wiseco do replacments also.

Best regards

Ian Frankland
Taffspeed
01633 840450
Martin
fishi

thankx, knowledge.

fishi
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I have just picked up a standard 750 kwaker piston and rings, so perhaps i can build at Taff style 240 at last. It has only taken 27 years.
Martin
fishi

Knowledge wrote:I have just picked up a standard 750 kwaker piston and rings, so perhaps i can build at Taff style 240 at last. It has only taken 27 years.

quite a long time ;)

fishi
drunkmunkey6969

I've been thinking about this modification.....and im inclinded to believe that it wont improve top end power, nor will it impare it.....but i think because of the lack of 'inner arc' on the transfer wall (the one that been removed) it will reduce bottom end most and a little mid range.

Anyone have a thought/comment?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
fishi

drunkmunkey, maybe you are right,
but there are still now days barrels with this kind of transfers to buy, surely not for Lammys but for other brands

fishi
drunkmunkey6969

fishi wrote:but there are still now days barrels with this kind of transfers to buy, surely not for Lammys but for other brands
There are lots of things you can still buy.....doesnt make it right. :lol: :lol:

I'm sure that cylinder would work better with the spigot wall back in place and the actual transfer windows calculated to the correct port time area etc......but i could be wrong, its just my opinion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information