what of Monza 225

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

about to start my engine build, dissapointed at the unavailability of TS1, hints of Feb '09 availability have now moved out a further few months. so, not wanting to go the full bhuna on an RB22 I'm thinking of Monza 225 ?
Doesn't appear to be much comment on the forum on them, but they are available just now and I'm reaching for the phone but would like to hear some comment and feedback on performance, pro's n cons.
Thinking of fitting with my Delly 30mm, and NK n light flywheel.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
thanks guys.
Stian

I am very intersted in this tread, I planing to build a monza engine with ancilotti clubman an a 27-30mm carb with remote filter. Have bought all the parts (SIL casing, AF flywheel, exhaust etc) planing to buy the crank(Thinking of MEC) and the cylinder kit very soon.

No one who can share theyr experince with this kit?
Lamaddict

I've heard they are good but I've been told the bloke supplying them is unreliable.
Dell Oughta

I've bought most of the bits and bobs for monza but yet to build it...

monza 225 kit
30mm pwk carb
GP200 gearbox (47 lightend crown wheel, 18 front sproket)
5 plate clutch
lightend flywheel
jl4 curly exhaust
matched casing to transfers

(stuff to buy)
augusto retard thingy!
120 bgm stator

This is all to be fitted to my stealthy S1 (which I need to get into the garage to finish off...lazy git!!!)

When I get off my lazy ass and it sorted I'll report back.....

Mike
Last edited by Dell Oughta on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ArmandTanzarian

My Series 2 has a Monza 225 with a TMX35 and a JL4 pipe. Goes pretty well but is a touch gutless low down. It would probably benefit from variable timing and setting up on a dyno. The carb may well be a bit OTT. Always been reliable (so far) starts well etc but drinks like a fish.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Dell Oughta

ArmandTanzarian wrote:Goes pretty well but is a touch gutless low down. It would probably benefit from variable timing and setting up on a dyno. The carb may well be a bit OTT.
That’s what I was thinking ref fitting the augusto, according to some talk on the other side (lcgb), I hear the JL4 pipes offer both low down and top end grunt, so I figure fitting the augusto will take advantage of this, also I think a 30mm carb should be ok, and noot too wasteful on the fuel front.

For info the monza has similar port mappings to the TS1 (when I sort out my scanner I will post a port map up, I have a few other port maps that I've done of various barrels that I've had I'll also put those on too)

Mike
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

JL4 is a race pipe, no wonder it's gutless low down. Devtour possibly the best all rounder for reed valves.

Monza is now available with piston for 116 rodded crank which may make for a smooth set up.
Last edited by corrado on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

but is the JL4 really gutless low down..............?
watch dans racer vid again............and see how it pulls away at very low revs.........
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Feeble

The new Pistons are available with 30 or 39mm compression height, for 107 or 116mm conrods.
In order to support low rpm power, I would consider the use of a long stroke crank in order to get suitable transfer/exhaust timings (reduce blow-down timing).
JL Race produces useable power later than the JL Road or Dev-Tour, so if you want power at low revs chose one of the latter.
davidblythe

has the JL4 got better ground clearance than the JL3, or does it scrape over every speed bump as well

any idea of the thickness of metal used, hear it is a thin and light as a race pipe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information