what of Monza 225

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bufficus

davidblythe wrote:has the JL4 got better ground clearance than the JL3, or does it scrape over every speed bump as well

any idea of the thickness of metal used, hear it is a thin and light as a race pipe
It's lower than a low thing.

With the JL4 the power comes in around 500rpm after the Devtour, but the JL4 makes more power and hangs onto it for much longer. I've got both. The Devtour is currently on a shelf. ;)
davidblythe

Bufficus wrote:
davidblythe wrote:has the JL4 got better ground clearance than the JL3, or does it scrape over every speed bump as well

any idea of the thickness of metal used, hear it is a thin and light as a race pipe
It's lower than a low thing.

The power comes in around 500rpm after the Devtour, but the JL4 makes more power and hangs onto it for much longer. I've got both. The Devtour is currently on a shelf. ;)
thanks for that Simon, wont be buying a JL4 then, absolutely slaughtered every JL3 I,ve had riding around London up and down curbs and over speed bumps
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

ok, kit on its way will be running a 30mm delly, but not got exhaust yet. any recommendations ? thinking of JL3 or Dev-Tour,

tks
sion

pm pipe is a good exhaust and cheep to
Fruitjuice

Alright, just ordered myself a new Monza 225 kit, the version with the Supermonza Meteor piston and double boost port and I already have a full circle 58/115 crank.
This will be fed by a Mikuni TMX30 and as a starting point I will be using a Kegra race exhaust.
What can I expect from this set up?
Is the port map identical to a TS1 225 or are these better, and does the double boost port make any difference over the TS1?
Apart from enlarging/matching the transfers, do I need to do any more work, like widening the exhaust?
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information