GP Headset

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

hi all
i have a indian headset that i want to italionise (can't pay ebay prices :shock: ) ie thin the ends no flares. by grinding down the flares will it weaken the
the bars :?: i am thinking just buy an italian top and work with it.is the internal shape the same. and or can i just grind the indian top aswell.
any thoughts den
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

I took my indian 1983 headset top/bottom and gave it the fettle, headset mirror holes welded over at work and filed back smooth, I then filed smooth to enable it to have the look of italian, bought a new rim and filed it till it fitted as best it would..then fettled rods and metal wheels to eliminate any slop..
Although not perfect as an italian original its not bad at all..
Had some filed pre paint pics on photobucket but looks like they have been wiped.. :flaming: ..hope this helps Den, basically it can be done and the alloy is soft as s**t...take bit off at a time and keep checking it..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

cheers lam46
thats me convinced i have started already and yes it is soft i will get there :D
i just think it looks smarter 8-)
Den
iaingb

IMO you've done a neat job on that headset,might do mine the same,nice one Nick ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information