Anyone Else Using A Mikuni TMX30 On A TS1?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

I've set one up on mine with Devtour but I thought the main jet would come down lower than 280 :? Also fitted the next richest needle tube and a 27.5 pilot. What jetting does anyone else have out there with the power jet is blanked off?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Bufficus

I used to have a TMX30 and Devtour on my TS1 a while ago. I had a 22.5 pilot, standard needle (5EL-68?) and atomiser. Can't remember what main but it was over 300 (320+). The barrel had stage 2/3 porting.

I found I had a big woolly hole at 1/4 throttle that I couldn't get rid of without leaning it out too much at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. So changed to a TMX35.
soulsurfer

No-one else using a TMX30 on a TS1? :?
sideswipe

Tmx 30mm, ram air filter
standard needle 2nd clip from top
22.5 pilot
280 main
pm tuning pipe
set up on Diablo Motos' dyno
soulsurfer

sideswipe wrote:Tmx 30mm, ram air filter
standard needle 2nd clip from top
22.5 pilot
280 main
pm tuning pipe
set up on Diablo Motos' dyno
Not far from mine except I'm not running a filter.
Anyone else using these carbs?
jonny snatchsniffer

whats the point of using a powerjet carb if ya gonna blank it off ? surely it will reduce your jetting options
soulsurfer

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:whats the point of using a powerjet carb if ya gonna blank it off ? surely it will reduce your jetting options
Same performance as a TMX35 but using less fuel.......hopefully.

I tried setting up with a powerjet and raised the main to 300 and it still didn't bog down, thus telling me that the powerjet wasn't playing a part, I wish it was, as that was what I was looking forward to.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

soulsurfer wrote:I tried setting up with a powerjet and raised the main to 300 and it still didn't bog down, thus telling me that the powerjet wasn't playing a part, I wish it was, as that was what I was looking forward to.
what was main jet/PJ ratio?

I dont see how the Powerjet cant 'play a part'?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
soulsurfer

1:4
As I say I started with a 280 main, then fitted a 70 pj with 210 main and went up to 300 in steps with the theory that it would bog down, but it didn't :? But then I was told they don't work too well on reed valve induction and are more suited to piston ported.
If I'm setting it up wrong then I'd love to know.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I wouldnt say that they dont work......its more that the need for them is reduced on a reed valve.....as the reed valve effectivly helps to 'clean up' carburation.

But if the PJ is flowing fully at top end, and you have a smaller main......then your mid range should be somewhat 'cleaner' and more crisp?

Often these small improvements can only be seen on a dyno, my Lectron (powerjet) was running lean mid range....but i would never have spotted it in general use....it only showed up on a dyno using the gas analyser. So now i've richened up the mid range, it feels no different to use, but i've the confidence that it is less likely to seize when dropping down the rev range from full throttle.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information