stator swap query

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dave wheeler

Hi guys
im upgrading my series 1 by using a gp points stator as a swap for the original, the problem is the original has 3 wires, green brown and black. the gp stator has 4 wires, green, brown,pink and purple. At the junction box do i join the pink and purple wires together?
the system is still 6v and unregulated apart from a clipper diode on the rear light wire
Advice welcome
regards
Dave
firekdp

dave wheeler wrote:Hi guys, im upgrading my series 1 by using a gp points stator as a swap for the original, the problem is the original has 3 wires, green brown and black. the gp stator has 4 wires, green, brown,pink and purple. At the junction box do i join the pink and purple wires together?Dave
No the pink will be the power for the brake light circuit, purple will feed the pilot lights. You will probably have to modify your loom, but can't say for sure as I don't know what system you're running at the moment, and have never seen a 4 pole stator with a black wire.
dave wheeler

just given the `black` wire a scrape and its blue, the loom is a standard series 1 without battery, which i imagine is broadly similar to the s3 4 pole set-up in stickys book, any ideas?
shocky

yes sounds right do you think the blue one is the ign feed that is normally green if its not fitted you can see what colour the wire is on the no3 coil infact all those coils can be traced and the wire colour coming from them will tell you where they go
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
firekdp

If your wiring is the same as this
http://www.scooterhelp.com/electrics/wi ... nobatt.pdf
Then you will need to remove the regulator and fit a standard series 3 AC junction box.
Simply connect
Stator brown - Loom brown
Stator purple - Loom purple
Stator green - Loom double green
The pink in the loom from the brake pedal to the headset and the resistor in the headset will need to be removed. A new pink wire needs to be added and taken from the brake pedal to the new J/B and connected to the stator pink.
dave wheeler

thanks firekdp
could i not stick with the original junction box, im trying to maintain an illusion of originality, is this a goer?
dave
firekdp

If it has enough positions you can as there will be 2 extra wires, if it is the reg is like the one in the link I posted then you will need to remove the regulator part of it (the coil) and replace it with a wire link. The new stator purple will connect where the old blue wire went and will feed the loom purple in it's original position
Kev.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information