TSR (The Scooter Republic) side panels - any good?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dansuper
Main scooter: 1963 LI 185

Has any one seen/ tried the above panels? I'm interested to know whether their reference to 'other semi pressed, hand finished' panels are ScootRS, or other Vietnamese.

The ScootRS panels appear to be quite good - just interested in these, too.

Cheers,

Dan
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

They sound very much like ScootRS panels to me. As are the handmade ones they refer too. I don't know anybody that has used them, so I have no direct experience. But I think there was a thread on here somewhere regarding the fitment and the gist of it was that they seemed a little short. But who knows, they may have just been a bad pair. I have to say looking at them at parts fairs they seem like good quality.

I have to say though that I have also seen the new Italian pressed panels that Jason of Gran Sport sells and they are superb.
tSR-VN
Dealer

check out our feedback page on ebay then change it so you can see last 200 press ctrl-f if you are using firefox which is the search and type 'panels' and it should take you to the last few people who have bought them, you could then send them a message to ask about fitment/quality etc
yellow peril

I purchased a pair a couple of weeks ago, they fitted better than the one i was replacing (had been cut for a big carb), the overall quality and finish was good which was also the feedback i had from my sprayer.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

tSR-VN wrote:check out our feedback page on ebay then change it so you can see last 200 press ctrl-f if you are using firefox which is the search and type 'panels' and it should take you to the last few people who have bought them, you could then send them a message to ask about fitment/quality etc
That does you credit Sir. Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. :lol:
dansuper

tSR-VN wrote:check out our feedback page on ebay then change it so you can see last 200 press ctrl-f if you are using firefox which is the search and type 'panels' and it should take you to the last few people who have bought them, you could then send them a message to ask about fitment/quality etc
Thanks for the response - much appreciated and a great example of customer service. Still debating (internally) whether to repair my originals, or go down the repro path.

BTW - now that I think about it, you can actually click a link on the right side of the eBay item screen which indicates how many of the specific item have been sold and takes you directly to the feedback.

Cheers,

Dan
dansuper

dansuper wrote: BTW - now that I think about it, you can actually click a link on the right side of the eBay item screen which indicates how many of the specific item have been sold and takes you directly to the feedback.

Cheers,

Dan
My apologies, the sales history link on the eBay item page does not actually display the relative feedback. But I searched it as you described, anyway! ;)

Cheers,

Dan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information