JL3 End Can any design changes in the past?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I've been trying to fit an MBD exhaust bracket to my JL3 today and pretty sure it can only fit one way but it would not line up any where near the bracket on the end can :?

Have there been any design changes in the past ? My exhaust is knocking on a bit now so it's possible I suppose??
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Dazza wrote:I've been trying to fit an MBD exhaust bracket to my JL3 today and pretty sure it can only fit one way but it would not line up any where near the bracket on the end can :?

Have there been any design changes in the past ? My exhaust is knocking on a bit now so it's possible I suppose??

Some good photo's on this thread pal. :)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8294
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

This is a photo on mine bud.

corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I know that the arm on the endcan is in a different position on JL1 & JL2. Have you bought a replacement can?
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

No Martin, not a replacement can BUT..

I was looking at a couple of exhausts today with the same bracket fitted and noticed they sit a lot higher than mine, then I realised that like a fool I never tried undoing the two bolts on the main bracket to lift it higher, I left them tightened and expected the MB bracket to fit in the same place DOH! :oops:

So, I'll be trying it again tomorrow - it may even solve the problem I have with the u bend tw@77ing the LHS rear runner when I hit a pothole or cross a speed bump :D

Will let you know...

Daz
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information