Front Brake is fecking shite

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bicboy
Main scooter: S2, EID Built, Diablo tuned...

:o I now need to try Reverse pull on the front drum due to it being fecking shite,im trying not to go down the hydraulic way "Christ Knows Why" so could anyone out there in scooter land tell me what Parts i need to purchase to change it over..Cheers, :!: bic
Everything must be done to the Extreme.....
sean brady scooters
Dealer

you really do not require any more parts,its just a matter of re arranging things...
but firstly you,d be better of maximising the drum brake efficiency before hand..

i take it that you,ve never had a disc brake before...so you dont know what your missing... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
bicboy

sean brady scooters wrote:you really do not require any more parts,its just a matter of re arranging things...
but firstly you,d be better of maximising the drum brake efficiency before hand..

i take it that you,ve never had a disc brake before...so you dont know what your missing... :lol:
I had one on my Vespa, which was great. Then i had to go to the darkside "Vespa people tell me this". :shock: Lammy was bought, Restored & Built to PERFECTION by EID.."One of the Best" Got used to s**t front brake for 200 miles ie Pulling really hard :x then i swapped scoots with EID of i went on his Silver special with Imola & Disc Brake .First Junction i pulled up at i nearly put his forks 6"s into the tarmac :o He was laughing his b*ll*cks off :D
bicboy

"firstly you,d be better of maximising the drum brake efficiency before hand."

How do i do this :geek:
sean brady scooters
Dealer

OK matey...
you know as well as i do that you need a disc brake.........your only putting off the inetivable
no point messing around with reverse pull ,as good as you may get it ....
bite the bullet,stick your hand into your pocket and purchase a disc brake...and have done with it...... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
bicboy

sean brady scooters wrote:OK matey...
you know as well as i do that you need a disc brake.........your only putting off the inetivable
bite the bullet,stick your hand into your pocket and purchase a disc brake...and have done with it...... :lol:
Series 2 ...Which ones better INBOARD or OUTBOARD????? FIGHT :mrgreen:
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

bicboy wrote:
sean brady scooters wrote:OK matey...
Series 2 ...Which ones better INBOARD or OUTBOARD????? FIGHT :mrgreen:
Depends what style you want on the scoot mate i went for Outboard on mine , never tried the inboard
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Mel K

The brake on my old raleigh chopper was better than a standard Lammy brake :o . Outboard all the way, remote master, hidden behind the horncast keeps the standard look of your handle bars too. No more frantically looking for a gap to roll into before you hit what ever's just stopped in front. We like to ride 50 year old scooters :bald: but we're competeing for road space with ABS and traction control that can stop in front of you in a split second, we really need to be doing the same, :) Unless that is you ride like Miss daisy :?:
Soulpunk

i am really happy with an also very cheap solution (and bought now my 4th drum :) ):

buy a genuine sil new drum front hub + drum backplate
buy 1 pair indian "makino" gp brake shoes (they are sand coloured, a very light shade compared to other brands)
buy 1 brake cam (black gp one off epay)

very good vfm. result is a braking in the range of a p-range arcobaleno / lusso vespa.
really good. costs incl. clips and studs and stuff about 60.-

incomparable to a hydraulic outboard disc but a rideable secure solution.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Soulpunk wrote:i am really happy with an also very cheap solution (and bought now my 4th drum :) ):

buy a genuine sil new drum front hub + drum backplate
buy 1 pair indian "makino" gp brake shoes (they are sand coloured, a very light shade compared to other brands)
buy 1 brake cam (black gp one off epay)

very good vfm. result is a braking in the range of a p-range arcobaleno / lusso vespa.
really good. costs incl. clips and studs and stuff about 60.-

incomparable to a hydraulic outboard disc but a rideable secure solution.
Agree with above i have outboard discs on mine but have done a few reverse pulls over the last year or so on peoples scooters i have done (who cannot afford to buy Hydraulic) and gives you a good front brake , albeit not as good as hydraulic but good :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information