Running in Imola

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
druist

Just picked up my old 150 Gp which now has an imola 185, guy said 200 miles run in with 3% fully synth. Now how would you run this in? Just go at slow speeds 40mph, then after 200m go faster gradually??? And what about hills and which gear i should be in?

any help appreciated. :(
lifes a drag

i ran mine in for a couple of 12 ltr tank fulls of juice ,,, i know people who thrashed them from word go and still never had a problem with them , just remember to let them warm up before giving it some and i always let it tick over for a bit before turning it off , i think it goes back to having turbo cars so its habit to let thngs cool down .. the imola gets 10 out of 10 from me i loved mine and used to more than one TS1 ,, they like to be set up correctly and work best when driven hard

:lol:
Skar

I gave mine about 100 miles of not too gentle treatment then forgot it, put some new rings in recently and gave it 50 miles. I run at 3% all the time.
coaster

200 miles should be plenty but I'd be inclined to be cautious until you get a feel for how it is set up. Do some plug chops at different speeds to make sue you aren't running weak,
Skar

coaster wrote:200 miles should be plenty but I'd be inclined to be cautious until you get a feel for how it is set up. Do some plug chops at different speeds to make sue you aren't running weak,
Sorry, forgot to say that I did run it slightly rich (and still do but not as much).
yellow peril

I have just finished the big brother Monza 225, the best route is to get a basic setup on a dyno then you know your in the right jetting etc... then a couple of tanks of fuel and take it back for a power run.
I used Replay in Northampton, very helpful and also fitted an Augusto on the second run to improve the bottom end.

I have tried home jetting many times and like many have paid a price, the cost of a basic set up on a dyno is well worth the peace of mind especially when we pay so much for the kits!
druist

thanks guys. what sort of BHP do you think it should be reaching. At the time of doing it the front tyre kept going down, valve problem, and he said this may affect things. Its got an NK, not the new type which i will leave as is for now. He got 19 bhp but said the tyre might make a difference. Any ideas what a different exhaust and the tyre make?
lifes a drag

mine was an early version , not sure whitch one , 18 bhp just bolt on no matching casings they dont need it , the front tire going down will not affect the dyno the rear tire can affect it if its too hard it will give too high a reading
Skar

I cant help you on that one, I have no idea what mine puts out, I'd be suprised if it was as much as 19 though (which is pretty decent with no work on it). On my list of things to do is to get my jetting sorted at JB's so I guess I'll find out then, all I can say is that it is great to ride, loads of torque and goes faster than I want to.... so it suits me and I love it.
druist

Skar wrote:I cant help you on that one, I have no idea what mine puts out, I'd be suprised if it was as much as 19 though (which is pretty decent with no work on it). On my list of things to do is to get my jetting sorted at JB's so I guess I'll find out then, all I can say is that it is great to ride, loads of torque and goes faster than I want to.... so it suits me and I love it.
mine was done by Chalky who is fast becoming a very good engine builder, tuner etc. Changed gearing to Li150, exhaust could be more torque - NK mild steel. I dont like the town riding with this setup as it doesnt seem to be getting enough fuel burnt - i have discussed whether it could be slide/pilot/mixture, but no its normal - apparantly. I can feel it just doesnt like a low speed <40

what exhausts have u guys got.
==========================
BTW nice to see u on here Colin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information