IS HE HAVING A LAUGH?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lockman69

I have spent day’s fecking about to the point of suicide trying to rebuild an engine for a mate.

New 47 T Crown wheel, Gear cluster and GP2 Gears all supplied by the above mentioned dealer, every part machined incorrectly.

However to the dealer’s credit he has offered a full refund...
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

While I might have some sympathy with the dealer who has to source these parts there is no excuse for that sort of nightmare fix. I think you'd be happier with someone like Scooter Restorations who only deal direct with SIL.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

A mate bought a 47 crownwheel from there and asked me to have a look because every time he tightened the clutch nut up the crownwheel locked. When I had a look the centre boss was machined level with the teeth which locked on the endplate.Think it must have been "Resurrected" from a skip.
AUSSIE

I bought a top quality rear hub from them by mail order............turns out it was made by RAMP. :shock:
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

What I said. :lol:
J1MS

Lam46 wrote:All I can say is thank god for the dremel...without it we would have even more not fit for purpose bits in the junk pile..
So true!!!
mickdale

it just goes to show - i thought they were a reputable firm that sold scooters and parts, advertised in scootering and seemed to be a safer bet having premises as opposed to just an "ebay trader"

was quite suprised really to hear so many negative comments from other former customers.

not the best long term business plan (im sorry if they have been supplied wrong sized parts themselves but dont try and fob me off with them)

added note: just recieved a refund
Treeman
Main scooter: GP 225 TS1

I've had poor service of them also. (I will get even one day........)
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

bought a gp forks of these once even these were shite never again..
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

I was always under the impression that they were just resellers of cheap shoddy shite and the couple of times I contacted them about parts I was interested in they didn't do anything to change that impression.
My advice to anyone is just buy the best you can get, Casa/MBD/BGM it pays in the long run.
Slow is the new fast!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information