exhausts

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
barneypeter

hi had to re register as doesnt recognise me ,same name ,looking at new exhaust for my jet cutdown was lookin at a scootrs or a scorpion ,its to go on a tuned harry barlow buil engine 205cc reed valve but on the left strange i know 30mm dellorto with boost bottle ,very torqy machine ,so any help which to choose or alternative would be great tjhanks peter
sion

PM tuning
barneypeter

really wanted stainless arent they just steel,just so it lasts and minimal cleaning unlike chrome ill give them a look cheers
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

but is stainless the best material to use for a two stroke exhaust :?:
I've read not, but can't recall the reasoning behind it
J1MS

sion wrote:PM tuning

I agree PM pipes do work well, but you say its a torqy motor If it isnt a revy engine and pulls hard, a Taffy pipe or JL3 may be worth looking at, as well as the PM. what gearing are you pulling? "Stainless tends to crack"
barneypeter

not sure on gearing as reluctent to take any thing apart whilst running so well ,at the moment it has wot looks like a converted micron from a rd and i was told at a rally last year looks like rd350 reeds were used,nothing wron with pipe just not my cup of tea as it sweeps up to level of top of panel,ahh had read steel was better for pipes didnt know stainless cracked though ,so scorpion not a good move thhen cheers peter
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

Scorpion were not rated at all in the last exhaust shoot out in Scootering a couple of years ago.
Most other pipes pissed on it for one reason or another.
Slow is the new fast!
RICSPEED

byron wrote:but is stainless the best material to use for a two stroke exhaust :?:
I've read not, but can't recall the reasoning behind it
some feel stainless does not perform as well as steel but it depends who you ask as i have and seem to get a different veiws ,personally id go for steel as it will be less likly to break
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

i was told its something to do with the heat , stainless will last longer and won't rot but is brittle so prone to cracking have a mate murph with a ts1 with a scorpion on and he couldnt keep the end can on, forever snapping off ,i think he ended up with a scootrs pipe, sean might be able to tell you better
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I mIght be talking out of my arse here :D
But, doesn't a mild steel exhaust (chromed or not) help the exhaust pulses? A stainless being a stronger less flexible metal by nature doesn't help the pulsing at all
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information