battery problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
trg258

could someone explain why after a 50 mile ride my 6 volt battery discharged to 2 volts its a four pole stator on a series two no brake light as standard i have green to double green brown to brown blue to grey red to purple on regulator the fuse is ok red wire to + on battery - to earth everthing else on the bike works
firekdp

Faulty rectifier?
trg258

firekdp wrote:Faulty rectifier?
are you sure its only 50 years old is the wiring correct T
DMC

one of your grey hairs aint fell out and you,ve tried connecting it to the red have you? And is 258 correct after the last rebore?
firekdp

trg258 wrote:
No, I'm not sure because it's not in front of me to check it. :D If the reg/rec is the correct one and each wire is plugged into the socket with it's corresponding colour then it can only be correct, but if you want to check then, the browns and the greens only use the reg/rec box as a junction. The red only connects to the fuse, grey goes to the other side of the fuse and on to the regulator coil, blue goes to one side of the selenium plate rectifier with purple going to the other side of the rectifier and other side of the regulator.
Are you sure that it isn't simply a faulty battery as at 2v it probably is now.
trg258

firekdp wrote:
trg258 wrote:
No, I'm not sure because it's not in front of me to check it. :D If the reg/rec is the correct one and each wire is plugged into the socket with it's corresponding colour then it can only be correct, but if you want to check then, the browns and the greens only use the reg/rec box as a junction. The red only connects to the fuse, grey goes to the other side of the fuse and on to the regulator coil, blue goes to one side of the selenium plate rectifier with purple going to the other side of the rectifier and other side of the regulator.
Are you sure that it isn't simply a faulty battery as at 2v it probably is now.
yes it is faulty now its the second battery is there any way of checking the regulator i have a multi meter but upto now have only used it for voltage checks and continuity checks
trg258

DMC wrote:one of your grey hairs aint fell out and you,ve tried connecting it to the red have you? And is 258 correct after the last rebore?
if one of my grey hairs had fell out i would haved noticed i dont have many left tuby
firekdp

The charging rates given for your model are approx. 0.6A at 3000rpm and 1A at 5000rpm, but for this a good battery should be fitted. If it is overcharging your electrolyte levels will drop quickly and when seriously overcharging will smell awful.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information