Rear Wheel Oil Seal????

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

No RIV are just standard rear hub bearings , just bought one myself .
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Got a Gruffero Oil seal from Lambretta Upgrades. Fitted pretty easy, greased inner lip and teased it in with a mid thickness guitar pick!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

rosscla wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:51 pm
holty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:32 pm i would suspect if you have tried 3 seals, then its the bearing thats at fault, i would try a better bearing, or one from a dealer who knows they fit correctly, i think lambretta upgrades do a riv bearing at a very reasonable price, i had trouble with the last one i did, it was too slack and pissed oil out so on my recent built i opted for the jockeys sealed bearing so no seals to worry about, they do seem to fit very well, just fitted one to my mates new build, would always fit one now.
Is that the one with the separate shell?

There seems to be a spacer in the kit - where does that go?
yes they come ready assembled, its an outer metal housing same size as a standard bearing, it has a sealed bearing fitted into it which is secured with a circlip, it comes with 2 small washers that go on each side of the bearing, great bit of kit, rayspeed have just made one as well, but not seen that.
gaz_powell

holty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:32 pm i would suspect if you have tried 3 seals, then its the bearing thats at fault, i would try a better bearing, or one from a dealer who knows they fit correctly, i think lambretta upgrades do a riv bearing at a very reasonable price, i had trouble with the last one i did, it was too slack and pissed oil out so on my recent built i opted for the jockeys sealed bearing so no seals to worry about, they do seem to fit very well, just fitted one to my mates new build, would always fit one now.
Bearing was replaced with RIV and a Rolf seal fitted as it should
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

gaz_powell wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:20 pm
Bearing was replaced with RIV and a Rolf seal fitted as it should
result mate, it is a little frustrating when you have to do it twice, but ten out of ten for getting the job done correctly,
holty
gaz_powell

The air was rather blue that day! After it was all back together I tried fitting a seal to the bearing on the bench - no chance.

So there's a RIV and an NBC on the shelf for emergencies.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information