Legshield Toolboxes...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
col@garageartwerks
Dealer
Main scooter: Anima mundi lambretta ts1 225

just fitted another to a project i'm on with
he's how i do it.......
first decide on a position for the toolbox... not too low to get in the way of the endcaps or brake pedal operation ok
then mark the top and bottom on the leggies
next make a cardboard template that follows the lines you've drawn and the lines of the leggies
one for the top
and one for the bottom
then one for the sides measured between the 2 lines on the leggies
then use the templates to mark where your going to cut on your toolbox.. here you decide how deep or slim you want your toolbox
again mark the top
then the bottom
then the sideslining up the top and bottom with the lines you've drawn on the toolbox
artwork on feature scooters : exiled,300,pure seduction,future shock,ink inflicted,carter usm,faithful friend,anima mundi,animal,ratfink,serenity,what is and what should never be,von dutch,the lost generation,grim fairytale
facebook 'the garage artwerks'
col@garageartwerks
Dealer
Main scooter: Anima mundi lambretta ts1 225

now you have the line all the way round the toolbox its time to either jigsaw round it or use a slitting disc on a grinder
offer the toolbox up to the leggies to see if there is any trimming to do to account for the toolbox rubber
if everything is fine get someone with a welder (we all know someone with a welder nowadays) to fix the tabs back on the top and bottom of the inside ot the toolbox
skim with filler, paint and fit.... simples
artwork on feature scooters : exiled,300,pure seduction,future shock,ink inflicted,carter usm,faithful friend,anima mundi,animal,ratfink,serenity,what is and what should never be,von dutch,the lost generation,grim fairytale
facebook 'the garage artwerks'
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Well done Nooch. Great piece.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
J1MS

Making it look far too easy there Nooch.

Quality work, and a brilliant "how to guide" 8-)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

yes good try nooch ,but your still doing it the hard way matey........the way that i do them is far easier and quicker and more acurate....with no need for bits of cardboard ,so no need to charge your customers for hours when it can be done in minutes........ :D
its an old trick used by stone masons /carpenters...and has been used for thousands of years

all you need is a compass with pencil in ,out of any geometry set.....
simply position toolbox,and set compass gap to the biggest gap that you have between leggies and your toolbox and run it around.......keeping point on leggies and pencil mark on box.........just remember to keep it vertical....... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Now I know why you laughed at mine having a gap down one side Nooch... :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
paulc

sean brady scooters wrote:the way that i do them is far easier and quicker and more acurate....with no need for bits of cardboard
its an old trick used by stone masons /carpenters...etc....

all you need is a compass with pencil in ,out of any geometry set.....
simply position toolbox,and set compass gap to the biggest gap that you have between leggies and your toolbox and run it around.......keeping point on leggies and pencil mark on box.........just remember to keep it vertical....... :D

scribing
sean brady scooters
Dealer

here you go folks
the "scribing compass technique"....... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy42CAmVFYE
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
156 D

sean brady scooters wrote:here you go folks
the "scribing compass technique".......
Hello Sean......i bet you forgot i am a joiner?......of course this is the only way to go for easiness, but would just like to point out...where you say "keep it vertical" ...the scribe should always be at 90 degrees to the surface being scribed that is why on one of nooche`s pics. he has a large hole on the top scribe, because the top of the box is at an angle....he must of cut the cardboard at 90 degrees, when in fact he should of held the card at the same angle of the box, then the cut would fit better, unless of course he hasn`t done that bit yet?.....when scribing for the top of the box with the compass it will be difficult to get it accurate.....the best way would be to scribe on the cardboard first at the correct angle, cut it out, make sure it fits at that angle, then transfer that cut onto the actual box, by doing this you won`t mess your box up!!!!...if you know what i mean?.....
Nostalgia is a thing of the past!....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information