exhaust swap help!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
joda

i currently have a stainless sterling pipe on my standard jet 200 with jetex carb, im not to happy with the performance of this pipe when tootaling about towns and country roads as it seems to bog down when its not getting thrashed!

i have aquired a clubman with vw pipe that i wish to fit, my question is should the jetting be changed [down or up] for this pipe, iam unsure of the jet size, but will check tonight

thanks
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

joda wrote:i currently have a stainless sterling pipe on my standard jet 200 with jetex carb, im not to happy with the performance of this pipe when tootaling about towns and country roads as it seems to bog down when its not getting thrashed!

i have aquired a clubman with vw pipe that i wish to fit, my question is should the jetting be changed [down or up] for this pipe, iam unsure of the jet size, but will check tonight

thanks
When you swap do some plug chops to asses the carb jetting
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
cezeta

you will need to check yourself but i used to swap from a kegra race pipe to a clubman quite often out of bordom in a ts1 and the jetting was always fine on both.

if anything the clubman will run a bit rich
joda

thanks very much will have a play about this week!

out of interest, what should the setting of the air mixture screw be set at? 2.5 turns out?
cezeta

ive never used a jetex or delorto so i cant comment
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information