MB 2mm Hub washer

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

As much as the MB spacer or washer might bring the tyre off the casing..Mr Broadhurst on his own lammy slightly filed the inside of his engine casing to counter act the rubber marks...FACT.... :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
sean brady scooters
Dealer

Sadly there is always going to be ( on lambos)some differences between casings,hubs,rims shafts,cones .ETC ....

AND i do appreciate the possibility that in some rare occasions that you may have to resort to filling off some material from your crankcase.............if that what it takes ....
but as yet i,ve never come across the need for this drastic measure...........

was mark Refering to his indian scoot....?
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Andy Pickering

Den 08 wrote:file engine case! seems a bit extreme i'll to have think on that one. just out of curiosity what is the thickness of a lambretta casing? the more i think of this the more i don't like it (sorry lam46) thanks for info.
Den
I think you might have misunderstood me... :shock: ..I didnt mean go to the extreme of grinding a great groove in your sidecase.. :shocking: ..merely tidy up say the mould marks and smooth out much like you would for polishing purposes or chroming.. :D , thats what I have done and prob gained the small fraction needed to elminate the slight blacking stain caused by running 100/90/10 with wide rim.. :roll:
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

18psi blond moment :oops:
thought i had'nt noticed this before :shock:
15 stone sean :D depending on cider intake :D
but got me thinking though surely 1mm differance would it be that criticle.
standard split rims tubed with no problems until lack of pressure :oops:
is it just me and or why do us scooterists always try to hard and overlook the bleedin obvious :lol:
anyway thanks or all your thoughts.
Den
Andy Pickering

Den 08 wrote:depending on cider intake
Maybe thats where Im going wrong...me and strongbow are very close.... :lol: :lol: ...so what exactly should you run a wide rim with 100/90/10 on...any different to normal..
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

stronbow :) natch man myselfe but ayho cider away its all part of me 5 a day :lol:
Andy Pickering

Strongbow/stella...always make sure I get at least 5 a day.. :D ;)
camel

i run conty zippy1,s 110/80/10 front and rear on my series 2 with wide rims...i dont think you can get wider than that,i had to use 2 std washers behind the hub cone,i made some shim washers to true the running of the wheel on the hub around 5-7 thou on some of the studs to get a perfect rotation without oscillation,a bit extreme i know,but as your prob aware not many hubs/wheels run true.the bike rides beautifully and ive had no issues in two yrs on this set up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information