advice needed?...LTH reed valve kit. Piston change??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
adriang

Looking for advice/guidance!

I'm in the process of getting one of Marco's reed kits to go on my Rapido 225, reason is to get some better mileage out of it, and to reduce spitback. If I get some more power out of it, I'm not going to complain. The barrel is still on the first, original bore.

Would it make sense to change the piston for one with holes (ports?) in?

I've actually got an RB kit for a future project, would it make sense to use the piston from the RB in the Rapido (plus reed valve) and then get a better (MB?) piston for the RB when that's put together?
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Thats sounds like a good plan to me Sport :)
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
shocky

you will need to check the piston to bore clearance some rapidos have soft bores and remember the ts/rb pistons are graded(slight differance in size) so if you have a big one :shock: you might be ok or even need a hone to get it right .or you might be unlucky and it could already be over what is right if its sloppy then eventually it could crack the piston
have you thought of putting holes in your current piston im no expert but it might work ive done this on vespa pistons
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information