scootrs dual seat springs rebuild kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Innocenti-71

Has anyone fitted one of these?
I got mine today but found some differences to the original Giuliari springs:
First of all the new ones are thinner (1,1mm vs. 1,5mm) and shorter, together with the clips which are shorter as well this means the springs are already "preloaded" when fitted. So I don't expect a comfortable ride and long life:

Same for the middle spring, thinner and different style, but I think this will work:

Any suggestions? Is the Scootopia kit different (no photo on homepage...)?
a.lo

i used one with good results although my seat was an asian refurb in the first place.i was only going to use the uprights at first but put it all in, and now has the correct profile that it didn't have before.remember that wavy middle section has a right and wrong way round i found out the hard way as the seat i had was done wrong. 9 springs to front and 10 to rear if i remember,looks good with decent italian cover.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's interesting. I do have a ScootRS seat fixing kit myself, but haven't used it as yet. I'll be looking at the springs in a different light now. The only way you'll be able to tell if the Casa ones differ would be to see them side by side I imagine.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Here's mine,
I gold/zinc plated the springs and replaced the hooks with stainless ones. I also kept the original middle wavy spring.
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
Lamaddict

I've used them and think they are pretty good, I'm sure you could buy other kits from other dealers costing more, they might even be from Scootrs :shock: .

Nice seat Red Ghost.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Well, I've been investigating today and the only loose springs I had to hand were from a Noemi Rossa seat. I have to report that there was no difference in the thickness of the springs. There were slight variations in the length. However, I wonder if this might not be related to front and rear springs? Although, having cast a glance over a naked Giulliari seat frame the difference is apparent, with the original springs indeed being fatter. So it seems to me that the ScootRS set of springs is like a sort of generic set if you like and will probably do a decent job on the majority of seat frames.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information