Setting up a Battery for my EGT. Help please.......

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wax

I am running an EGT at the mo, powered via a Vespa type regulator with a DC output on my TS1 240. The problem is, is that the power dips down too low at tick over and the Egt switches off.
What i have decided to do is to run a battery in my glove box and switch it on and off, manually, with a switch when needed. But here is the question: Can i use a rechargable the battery by just connect the positive and earth from the Regulator and top the juice up that way and connect the feed to the EGT to the Positive and earth on the battery? Will the battery just act as a buffer for the EGT? Will it charging when there is too much power for the EGT to use and also keeping it working at tick over when it normally cuts out? Is it that simple, or have i underestimated a complex wiring solution.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Train Driver

I am running a trail tech computer that I had fitted at sandy scooters they recommend I get a battery so it would stay lit, I went with the small trail tech battery and sandy scooters made up a tray that they fitted to the rear mudguard.
Give them a call i am sure they can help
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
wax

I have all the wire and switches and all that jazz, i just wanted to make sure my plan was going to work before i got my tools out and fried all all my gizmos, due to my ignorance.....
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
carlos fandango

Im running a EGT and rev counter from a battery with a on off toggle switch.

Its a 12volt power tool battery thats in the tool box. I approached the powering of the egt (and rev counter) from the opposite way to you, i first ran them from a battery, untill it went flat, and then recharged it. Then i connected the battery up to the regulator, and all is fine.

So the positive from reg. to positive on battery. Battery negitive to earth. Then wire up egt positive to battery positive (with an inline switch) and egt negitive to either battery negative or earth to frame. simples :D
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

witha vespa unit, you can regulate the output from the rectifier by having the C terminal connected to a live circuit. but you need to switch this off when the bike's not running, otherwise the battery will drain through it.
depending upon what ignition switch you are using, you should be able to wire it all up so the C is disconnected and have no need for additional switches.
chiggy03
Dealer

I have just had this set-up done for my fuel guage. Alan at beedspeed did me a custom loom to suit for £20.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information