Who makes & sells a good hydraulic clutch?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

Dave, you realize that hydraulic clutches are on / off unless I'm mistaken and with cable operated clutches you can purposely slip the clutch and let the power in smoothly for better drive out of corners or when drag racing against a biker. My Aprillia RS250 has a cable operated clutch and that's around 60 bhp to the rear wheel.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

you are mistaken.... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
mark

very much mistaken :lol:
DJB
Dealer

GP Kevo wrote:Dave, you realize that hydraulic clutches are on / off unless I'm mistaken and with cable operated clutches you can purposely slip the clutch and let the power in smoothly for better drive out of corners or when drag racing against a biker. My Aprillia RS250 has a cable operated clutch and that's around 60 bhp to the rear wheel.
What a load of Crap. I have 2 Hydro clutchs and they both slip, if you want them to :frog:
They are no different
sean brady scooters
Dealer

how else would you pull away steadily without popping a wheelie........ :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
lifes a drag

GP Kevo wrote:Dave, you realize that hydraulic clutches are on / off unless I'm mistaken and with cable operated clutches you can purposely slip the clutch and let the power in smoothly for better drive out of corners or when drag racing against a biker. My Aprillia RS250 has a cable operated clutch and that's around 60 bhp to the rear wheel.
i told my mate they were meant to be on off when he fitted one to his smallframe ,
i couldnt belive how nice it was to use when i had a go on it , infact i would say it was probably the best clutch i have ever used
DaveInPortland

It isn't for me, anyway. I am quite happy with my cable actuated clutches and strong man-hands.
Dave
Lucky b@5t@rds SC, Portland, Oregon, USA
Lambretta Club USA
lee b

well mistaken mate,loads of bikes and cars now have hydraulic clutches and as said previously can slip if req'd.
chiggy03
Dealer

yep, it's bobbins!
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

I see, my bad. :oops:

So, are there many hyd clutch conversions for Lambrettas? I remember one from WCLW but it required welding to the crankcase side cover to fit it.

And what are the best master cylinders for these?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information