fibreglass...the future?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Want to get a larger tank (to take the place of my air filter) that has a cut out on the right hand side for an RB set up. One of the reasons is that the current one has rust in which is finding its way into my carb.. :cry: Anyways was wondering if any one had any feedback on fibreglass ones? Wont have the rust issues will be lighter and should paint up to match the colour of the toolbox?

Ayone have any experience of them and can reccomend anyone that sells em.

Ta
sef
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Beedspeed use to have some

http://beedspeed.com/product_info.php?c ... ts_id=2651

Que Dave Briggs :D
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
coaster

I didn't think GRP was legal for petrol tanks :?: Risk of rupturing in an accident :shock:
mawso

Rimini Lambretta centre sold 18ltr fibreglass tanks previously too, although they have disappeared from their website now. I've not enquired as to whether they make them still or not...also can't remember the price either!

http://www.racinglambrettas.com/yourscooters/dl225.htm This link should take you to a page where one is shown fitted to a blue GP.
http://www.mbdevelopments.co.uk/archive ... chive.html This one gives a better idea of the tank as you can see the outline more clearly, fitted to the ochre GP half way down page.

They were in my opinion the best shaped long range tank going, all edges nicely rounded and looked to fit the void very well with a nice equal gap all the way round...irrespective of material used to construct them.
yam-lam
Main scooter: serveta 125li & t5

i have a jet 200 petrol tank...and i got to say its absolutely brilliant . I'm running a 35 mikuni so plenty off room for carb. they are super light.very well made . they fit well and look the business . i have had the tank in for about 1000 miles so far and no sign off wear....there is one downside to these tanks and that's the price, with the pound being crap and shipping cost it can be quite pricey....

i also recently had a look at the rimini tank, i found them quite heavy and the finish was not to good, but would look good after some work....if i had a choice out off the 2... i would go for the jet 200 hundred tank just my opinion....
RICSPEED

whow that avatar :shock:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

yam-lam wrote:i have a jet 200 petrol tank...and i got to say its absolutely brilliant . I'm running a 35 mikuni so plenty off room for carb. they are super light.very well made . they fit well and look the business . i have had the tank in for about 1000 miles so far and no sign off wear....there is one downside to these tanks and that's the price, with the pound being crap and shipping cost it can be quite pricey....

i also recently had a look at the rimini tank, i found them quite heavy and the finish was not to good, but would look good after some work....if i had a choice out off the 2... i would go for the jet 200 hundred tank just my opinion....

You bought the tank from Jet 200 dot com? or you have a Serveta tank?
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

I have the rimini tank...

They are nice as an orniment.

Look good after a lot of work, dont fit in a series 2, mine leaks.

Just orderd my second diablo tank.
yam-lam
Main scooter: serveta 125li & t5

tha83 wrote:
yam-lam wrote:i have a jet 200 petrol tank...and i got to say its absolutely brilliant . I'm running a 35 mikuni so plenty off room for carb. they are super light.very well made . they fit well and look the business . i have had the tank in for about 1000 miles so far and no sign off wear....there is one downside to these tanks and that's the price, with the pound being crap and shipping cost it can be quite pricey....

You bought the tank from Jet 200 dot com? or you have a Serveta tank?

jet200.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information