Large 13ltr petrol tanks

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jefo1970

After some advice on long range petrol tanks, Im after buying one (TS1 Fitted) but dont know which is best and where to buy from, Joespeed's look the biz so that is in pole position, I have seen some on Ebay which are cheap but not sure if theyre any good!
Any advice greatly appreciated :?

Jefo
ArmandTanzarian

The ones that look like big standard tanks are (I think) all from Saigon Scooter centre. They're cheap but both of mine split near the fuel tap. However, a bit of re-enforcing before fitting and I'm sure they'd be fine. The ones from SSP are pretty good but be sure to rinse them thoroughly before use. The often have polishing grit in them that will make short work of your barrel.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Try Corrado on here (Justlambretta)

Up there as one of the best scooter dealers
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Stainless Scooter products 13 litre tanks are good .
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
lee1984

sorry to hi-jack the thread, but are the 13 ltr tanks the one's that do away with the tool box?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

lee1984 wrote:sorry to hi-jack the thread, but are the 13 ltr tanks the one's that do away with the tool box?
No, just the airbox.
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

I prefer the old dual tank setup as it leaves space for an air filter where the airbox normally sits. Most dual tank conversions are 13 litres.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

GP Kevo wrote:I prefer the old dual tank setup as it leaves space for an air filter where the airbox normally sits. Most dual tank conversions are 13 litres.
Kev

Do you not find you get alot of corrosion in the Toolbox part of the dual tank ?? i've found a couple that have done this .
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

No, there's been no corrosion in the toolbox that I can see and I've no rust issues with fuel. The toolbox was converted to a fuel tank but still has a very small toolbox shelf welded into it, by MBD. The original fuel tank and the extended tank are powdercoated, as are the hub and forks. When I move near the beach I suppose will be the real test, but that won't happen for another year, but after 10 years past resto it's holding up fairly well.
vesbrettas

the 13 litre tanks on ebay i dont think are siagon one which i think are pressed and on reasonable quality. the one i bought of ebay which are still being sold are hand beaten by a blind man with two bits of wood, i just fitted mine which i had sat around for 8 months it didnt fit between the frame and the toolbox so had too dent the toolbox in then filled it up with petrol and its pi55ing out of what look like a few places
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information