Getting rid of Snail Slime

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArmandTanzarian

I've got a JL curly "snail" pipe on my scoot but as its name suggests the bloody thing leaves slimy muck all over the left hand panel and more worryingly the back tyre.

I can't be the first person to have this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Rich

I've got one of those old bolt on exhaust deflectors if you want to give that a try Frank. Bit naff but might help?
coaster

ArmandTanzarian wrote:I've got a JL curly "snail" pipe on my scoot but as its name suggests the bloody thing leaves slimy muck all over the left hand panel and more worryingly the back tyre.

I can't be the first person to have this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution?
What oil ratio are you running, 2/3/4%? might be a factor
ArmandTanzarian

coaster wrote: What oil ratio are you running, 2/3/4%? might be a factor
3% fully synthetic.

I thought about a couple of inches of radiator hose just to move it a bit closer to the ground. I recall someone saying that they unbolted and rotated the silencer but if you turn the whole thing round it hits itself and doesn't fit. has anyone drilled out the pop rivets and just turned around the very end bit?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information