help starting it up

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
leehuggy72

poured the petrol in.. turned the ignition.. and then tried kicking her off

1. is the kickstart normally so hard to kick off, compression is so hard
2. checked the spark, mines sparking but not massively..
3. while kicking off and then checking to see if fuel is reaching the barrel, i've noticed hardly any fuel in the manifold

what i'm i doing wrong
Killkenny

Lee, take off the stand, straddle the beast,lean as far over to the left as possible(so you can maximise k/start travel in 1 kick) turn fuel on,choke on,throttle open.and kick about 10 times, it should try to fire,if it does then turn petrol off and do the same but with full throttle,then NO throttle

If it dosnt show any sign of wanting to start after repeating a few times then take it to your nearest Innocenti Service Station (as per their Innocenti Promo film) :D

good luck fella!!
leehuggy72

Killkenny wrote:Lee, take off the stand, straddle the beast,lean as far over to the left as possible(so you can maximise k/start travel in 1 kick) turn fuel on,choke on,throttle open.and kick about 10 times, it should try to fire,if it does then turn petrol off and do the same but with full throttle,then NO throttle

If it dosnt show any sign of wanting to start after repeating a few times then take it to your nearest Innocenti Service Station (as per their Innocenti Promo film) :D

good luck fella!!
i've done this mate many times :lol:
lee b

i always find having a spare plug too,just incase the one in the engine gets wet.

another trick i used to do with my old 490 crosser was to warm the plug up on the gas hob,it stinks the house out,but hey if it makes it easier to start then i was doing it!!!
minotaur

pour a little fuel directly in the spark plug hole, put plug back in and kick
leehuggy72

lee b wrote:i always find having a spare plug too,just incase the one in the engine gets wet.

another trick i used to do with my old 490 crosser was to warm the plug up on the gas hob,it stinks the house out,but hey if it makes it easier to start then i was doing it!!!
minotaur wrote:pour a little fuel directly in the spark plug hole, put plug back in and kick

i've done this as well :roll:

carbs been stripped and cleaned...

its as if it wants to start, as in firing, but doesn't follow thru...
Skar

I'm no expert mate but if this is a rebuilt motor this would be my first concern, how hard is hard?
leehuggy72 wrote:1. is the kickstart normally so hard to kick off, compression is so hard
leehuggy72

without the plug in the barrel it turns over fine...

once i put the plug back in you can feel the compression fighting against your foot.

it does kick over but its dam hard (resistance).. :? :? :?
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Is it a tuned engine or has it recently had a rebore? I ask because the ring gap and piston to bore clearance may be too tight. You don't say whether you are on points or electronic. You say you're getting a spark, but is it a strong spark? Have you checked your gap correctly and made sure your points gap is correctly set (if points fitted). Have you checked your squish? A bit more info would help.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
sean brady scooters
Dealer

leehuggy72 wrote:without the plug in the barrel it turns over fine...

once i put the plug back in you can feel the compression fighting against your foot.

it does kick over but its dam hard (resistance).. :? :? :?
just get a grown up to kick it off for you......... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information