Complete Spanners Manual - corrections please

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dirtyhandslopez

Ian Hepworth wrote:
dirtyhandslopez wrote:
I don't have a MK1 to hand SD, but is there a write up on J range differences, namely engine stuff for tuning purposes, in the Mk 1 or the MK 2?
That's in the 3rd edition.

:D :D :D
That's not going anywhere...
sydduckett

Randal told me he wanted to get a price off you to advertise Scootrs on the inside front cover. Told him it would probably be about 50k.... :bouncyeng:
Speed Demon
Dealer

tatts wrote: hopefully no pictures of misplaced Araldite :oops:
It's a how-to book, not a how-not-to so you are safe.

Still everyone makes mistakes when out of their comfort zone, and Al is to DIY what you are to scooter electrics. Ask the professional sliding-door fitter about the door he's just fitted in his kitchen :lol:
Get to SULK
tatts

ha ha ...he did ring me and told me he was gonna attempt to hang a door :roll: 'spose i'd better bell him and smooth out his DIY ego :biggrin: Anyway araldite = belt and braces :mrgreen:
will you lot stop blowing up your lambrettas
Diablo
Dealer

Sticky you are a cock and this is war :x
sean brady scooters
Dealer

come on Al ....tell us all about it ...... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Mag
Main scooter: Carbon GP TS1

The 1st edition is very clear on how to disemble and reassemble a series 3. It even has some detail on tuning and handlig upgrades.
What I'd like advice on is preventing some knob bolting bloody chrome pipework to it!Anything on this in the new edition?
Yanker

Mag wrote:The 1st edition is very clear on how to disemble and reassemble a series 3. It even has some detail on tuning and handlig upgrades.
What I'd like advice on is preventing some knob bolting bloody chrome pipework to it!Anything on this in the new edition?
:lol: Seconded! A center-spread health warning about 'accessories', 'embellishers' and any other 'tat'...perhaps underscored with an advisory that adding any of the above can seriously shorten your (scooter's if you will) life expectancy, and limit your ability to arouse interest when recruiting a handy man (or woman) to get their hands on your neglected running gear......... would be a good tip.

A paragraph or two on the next page outlining some basic body-work correction techniques to correct previous maulings: basic brazing, plugging, welding, panel beating 'n' filling and "pulling" possibilities. On the lines of 'this is how you can fill those two holes in those S2 legshields rather than chuck 'em" and in the context: you will need clamps, SS washers, Silver solder/MIG, technique, safetys. Fundamentally explaining what can be repaired and what is beyond economical repair in broad terms. And perhaps a 'doeable at home' scaling from 'you can do this with a hammer and dolly', through 'you will need a torch and some rods and clamps and some practice', to 'leave it to a pro'.

Perhaps too much? Would be usefull in keeping scootering accessible to all IMHO. Maybe cause a few to pause for thaught b4 setting the Black 'n' Decker on hammer mode.......? :evil:
Diablo
Dealer

sean brady scooters wrote:come on Al ....tell us all about it ...... :D
Seeing as it looks like it will come out anyway....
I spent a long time fitting a new kitchen door-a multipanel type. I was very pleased( as its the first one I'd done) that I'd chiseled the door for the hinges nicely and a good fit top and bottom.
I'm having a cuppa in front of the telly while the missus hovers up the devastation hard core DIY like this causes and she pops her head round the corner and says
"The door looks great love but is it supposed to be upside down?"

DOH!!!!!!!! :D
Diablo
Dealer

BTW Sticky don't bother with the 2nd edition its shite anyway :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information