Two Carbs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Two Spanish 20mm carbs. There is a difference, as the eagle eyed among you will note. I don't know the technical term for it and what effect the longer spout has, but why is this? Would I be correct in assuming that one might be for a 150 and t'other for a 200?

Innocenti-71

Just checked in the garage: left (like Dell´Orto) one is "early/mid" models, right one is Lince/Lynx.
Since my Lince is 200cc I don´t know if they used this version also on the 125/150cc.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's interesting. So the left hand one might just as well have been used on both 150's and 200's in which case. I'd assumed the later one might have been adapted to improve the flow of air and improve the mixture perhaps, looking rather similar to the Dell'orto 22mm carbs and possibly being only for the 200's.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I have an 18mm Spanish that has the longer "trumpet" which, I presume, is designed to provide a longer inlet tract because of the tune of the engine :idea:

I also have a 20mm Spanish one like the one on the right in the photo. I don't know what it came off, but it's going to go on a Lynx 200 :D .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information