Cutting hole in panel for filter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cryogenic

Used a jig saw myself and kept the piece i cut out to weld back in, If it ever goes back to standard also used truck seem trimming to hide the edges works very well and trim has never moved :baddevil:
I RAN OUT OF SICK DAYS SO I DECIDED TO RING IN DEAD
e type

how about 1 of the hole punches like what ferdy used on hellbound on the front (holes for rad) in 1 of last years scooterings if i remember rightly think they are avalible from frosts no bubbling paint then eh
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Cheers lads , Dazza has sorted me out with a good price for a hole cutter , will post results when i get it , just hope i have a steady hand lol!
Tosh

bazman wrote:Cheers lads , Dazza has sorted me out with a good price for a hole cutter , will post results when i get it , just hope i have a steady hand lol!
let us know if its ok cause i`m just about to cut hole in my panel after getting engine back from sean`s
bazman

Big thanks to dazza :D
Done the deed this morning , drilled a pilot hole first put panel back on and made sure it was pretty central to carb then went for it !!! Old petrol pipe cut down middle and used to cover edge , looks alright but LTH manifold angles the carb pretty much into panel grille so touches the foam a little here but shouldn't give too much bother ( i hope lol).

soulsurfer

Looks good Baz. So what was the technique? Full speed or slow? Any coolant? Any paint damage at all?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

No probs :)

Don't forget the carb will sit lower when you sit on it so I'd imagine the filter will be somewhere central then matey.
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
bazman

soulsurfer wrote:Looks good Baz. So what was the technique? Full speed or slow? Any coolant? Any paint damage at all?
Just went for it Mike ! To be honest i had wd40 ready etc but it cut straight through never had time to cool it! Fairly thin the metal on panels, also have vinyl graphics on under laquer and it never tore them or lifted at all so all sweet :)
bazman

Dazza wrote:No probs :)

Don't forget the carb will sit lower when you sit on it so I'd imagine the filter will be somewhere central then matey.
You're prob correct , scoot seems a lot better with the filter , think the dellorto's need a bit air to work properly, no change to jetting and never bogged down or spluttered , done 150 miles or so today well happy with the performance 8-)
yam-lam
Main scooter: serveta 125li & t5

did you go for the motorbike visor pipping
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information