Cutting hole in panel for filter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lampost

Sandblast the hole out or diamond tip borer with plenty of water
sun130

Just a complete'off the wall' comment BUT..........

Have you not thought about buying a panel that has already been cut then having it painted to match. It seems to me that there are always panels with holes in coming up on Fleabay that don't reach the heights of unmodified ones...Keeping the original panel as a spare would also allow for a return to standard or alternative 'standard running ' engine set up.
Seems a shame to have another one with a hole in.
Just a thought......
yam-lam
Main scooter: serveta 125li & t5

here is a few pics of cut outs in pannels
Attachments
scoot pannel 4.jpg
scoot pannel 2.jpg
side pannel.jpg
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

sun130 wrote:Just a complete'off the wall' comment BUT..........

Have you not thought about buying a panel that has already been cut then having it painted to match. It seems to me that there are always panels with holes in coming up on Fleabay that don't reach the heights of unmodified ones...Keeping the original panel as a spare would also allow for a return to standard or alternative 'standard running ' engine set up.
Seems a shame to have another one with a hole in.
Just a thought......
This is the panel opposite to the one needing done , so to buy another and get it matched won't be a quick cheap option!!!
bazman

Thanks Yam-Lam for the photo's that's what i need , also need to get bit piping to cover the edge as well.
yam-lam

as you can see on my pics Ive used motorbike visor strip to cover any rough edges or bubbling on paint caused by cutting, it has it own sticking strip and sticks very well. you need to warm and work it in your hands before applying. its also good cover for when you cut your runners for your exhaust.....you can get it from hein gericke for about 12 quid
bazman

yam-lam wrote:as you can see on my pics Ive used motorbike visor strip to cover any rough edges or bubbling on paint caused by cutting, it has it own sticking strip and sticks very well. you need to warm and work it in your hands before applying. its also good cover for when you cut your runners for your exhaust.....you can get it from hein gericke for about 12 quid
Nice one fella , was just in there yesterday buying new boots, in sale plus 10% off result!!
bazman

yam-lam wrote:them hole cutters don't look the best :shock: you would be better using the big tank cutter type ( new one ) also on the rough edge you can use motorbike visor strip to go round the hole, comes in different colours , bit off a pig to fit but looks the biz

One of these fella?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monument-68C-Stra ... 2ea70cfc5f
yam-lam

bazman wrote:
yam-lam wrote:them hole cutters don't look the best :shock: you would be better using the big tank cutter type ( new one ) also on the rough edge you can use motorbike visor strip to go round the hole, comes in different colours , bit off a pig to fit but looks the biz

One of these fella?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monument-68C-Stra ... 2ea70cfc5f

hi if you put in, hss hole cutter, in ebay they should come up. they are a solid round hole cutter with a separate arbor..they do start to get pricey over 100 mil......my mate cut mine while i looked away(chicken) used no cooling (water) just went for it . there was a bit of paint bubbling, you may get away with bubbling if somebody sprayed water on while you cut, but don't know never tried it using water to cool
Tosh

just spoke to one of the mates and he cut is panel hole using a dremell then araldited a mesh inside the panel covered the edges with piping looks booooootiful + the hole was oval shaped and its not moved in 5yrs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information