any one got any ideas or thoughts for this ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

what in the top end of engine might do this if not the reed valves ?
theres was no metal bits or anything like that on plug it was clean
the flywheel sounds fine when moving by hand an no lose play or anything
sean brady scooters
Dealer

then like Eden suggested ....take out and examine the reeds....
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
sean brady scooters
Dealer

you did not mention it ,but was it smoking badly.....?
a blown main seal could also be a possibility...
sean brady scooters
Dealer

thats true ,but discounted that purely cos you said that you had swapped and checked it... :D
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

yes my mate mr holt used his meter eqp on them an said the readings were fine ones a bgm other is a indian one
looks like a engine strip then :(
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

had the same on mine with one refill of petrol, I used Morrison's and I know people use it all the time but by the time I got home just round the corner from the Garage it ran like a dog, the next day it would start but would not rev, did the same, plugs, cap, cdi, carb missed a good ride out and in the end dropped the tank of petrol and refilled with BP drained the carb and started 1st kick and never had a problem since.
PS I use a fruit shoot bottle with a pre-measured amount of oil as I have in the past put 3 jugs in or only 1 when filling up and talking to people at the same time, easy to put the wrong amount in
irv1

i have to work on petrol forecourts did a course last year,i learnt how much water and crap is in there fuel i would never use supermarket fuel it rusts the delivery pump NEVER USE IT ON A TUNED SCOOT its crap
Chutney Brownlove

rbgaz wrote:yes my mate mr holt used his meter eqp on them an said the readings were fine ones a bgm other is a indian one
looks like a engine strip then :(

Gary, did you change the stator or just measure the resistance of both? The black pick up can do some funny things. just cos it says it's ok doesn't mean it is. Have you really swapped an indian stator for a BGM or visa versa or just measured them on the bench. You'll never know if the pick up is f@@ked unless you swap it for a known good one.

Good luck. It could have been worse a holed piston. :roll: But you are used to them.
sydduckett

Gaz have you checked its not the flux capictor you fitted last week, may be draining the power? Do you reckon it will work when you hit 88... :bouncing:

sef
RICSPEED

brother in law had a similar problem ,scoot ticked over fine but died a soon as he tried the throttle ,turned out to be the carb,the clip had come off the needle so even though the slide was moving the needle stayed put and wouldn't let the fuel through
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information