wiring diagram for indicators

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rossi46

Hi,

Anyone fitted a set of indicators to a series 3 GP with no battery ? I have found some really small lamps to fit but need a wiring diagram ? I know it sounds strange to do this but I am taking the scoot to OZ and it has have them fitted for there roadworthy test.
mickeyb

Oz?....ur keen mate,gud luc anyway.
RICSPEED

think yer gonna have to go for a battery set up as i thing things like flasher relays only work dc current
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
rossi46

RICSPEED wrote:think yer gonna have to go for a battery set up as i thing things like flasher relays only work dc current

Surely when the engine is ruuning it produces 12v anyway, all I wold have to do is get a flasher relay from an old mini or similar running a dynamo ?
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

or rectify the AC from the stator
I'd guess the relay and bulbs wouldn't draw too much current ?
I've got some DC output without a battery to run my NSR tacho. still trying to get a decent constant 12v though. Initially it was going up to 30v [with no load], I've fitted a zenor diode and now it hovers around 5v, so going to try a different rated diode.
Or do the mod on the stator and fit a podtronics unit.

Whereabouts in oz you heading ?
Would be interested to hear how you get on with the import. We're thinking of doing the same. My missus has citizenship and family out there. But I'd have to take my scooter.
byron

rossi46 wrote:Surely when the engine is ruuning it produces 12v anyway, all I wold have to do is get a flasher relay from an old mini or similar running a dynamo ?
old minis still had a battery and used DC
rossi46

byron wrote:or rectify the AC from the stator
I'd guess the relay and bulbs wouldn't draw too much current ?
I've got some DC output without a battery to run my NSR tacho. still trying to get a decent constant 12v though. Initially it was going up to 30v [with no load], I've fitted a zenor diode and now it hovers around 5v, so going to try a different rated diode.
Or do the mod on the stator and fit a podtronics unit.

Whereabouts in oz you heading ?
Would be interested to hear how you get on with the import. We're thinking of doing the same. My missus has citizenship and family out there. But I'd have to take my scooter.
Heading for Queensland, got my import documents already for the scoot, got a load of info if you have an e mail for me to send it to you, pretty easy to import cost around $50 AUD, if the scoot is before 1989 the import documents are issued under regulation 17 of the OZ transport agency.
byron

cheers, I won't ask yet, but will remember you when the time comes. Do all bikes need indicators ? or is it an age thing ?
We'd go to Queensland, Brisbane area probably. Sister-in-law lives on Camp Mountain.
rossi46

I was told if the bike was after 1973-74 they had to have indicators, which after the roadworthy test you could take them off you also need one mirror on the right hand side, also told that ounce the bike is registered it will never have to be done again if you keep it registered every year, and the right guy to see to get it registered is a scooter guy in Brisbane :D
mark

i have one from my gp.s handbook when i bought it new in 87.will post when camera battery is charged
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information