Asso Pistons

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

Hi,

Anyone know who sells 70mm Asso pistons with full length skirts?

Sean directed me to the AF site but they only seem to do the decent Asso with the skirt reduced by 3mm :?

Ta

Colin
sean brady scooters
Dealer

But thats still ok matey,it just means that your inlet port needs porting to suit...
with a full length piston skirt its better to increase the port timing AND area....
as opposed to a cut skirt and hence lower time/area on inlet .

the asso piston with 3mm off inlet side will be fine for your needs.and the porting will be adjusted accordingly...
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
chris2470

Would you happen to know the weight of the 70mm Asso including rings and pin as I'm on the look out for a lighter model as mine is around 380g all in. This seems a bit on the heavy side to me but I'm unsure, perhaps this is about right.
Best Regards

Chris
coaster

sean brady scooters wrote:But thats still ok matey,it just means that your inlet port needs porting to suit...
with a full length piston skirt its better to increase the port timing AND area....
as opposed to a cut skirt and hence lower time/area on inlet .

the asso piston with 3mm off inlet side will be fine for your needs.and the porting will be adjusted accordingly...

Cheers Sean, nice chatting the other day 8-) I'll get the piston ordered and sort the hone on the barrel before |I send it to you. I'm assuming something like 3.5 thou clearasnce would be desirable?

Cheers

Colin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information