Spanish trim

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ihateyoubutler

Just stripping a spanish 1979 jet 200 that had been blown over at some point.Want to keep it origonal a poss, but it looks like it's had a mix of trim. E.g. black mudguard gaskets, grey horncast gaskets,grey mats, grey bridge piece gaskets, black panel rubbers, grey footbrake pedal rubber and black mudflap.I'm reasonably certain it's not been apart before I owned it. Is this usual?
Thanks.
leigh

If i remember rightly when i was doing mine Perry at totally scooters said they should be all grey may be worth sending him a email.

Leigh
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I had a Jet 200 new in 1980. All trim was definitely black. Can't remember about cables
ArmandTanzarian

From what I learned when restoring my Jet I'd say that they mixed and matched whatever was handy at the time.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
totally scooters
Dealer
Main scooter: Eibar TV Lambretta

No, the spanish factory wouldn't mix and match the rubber trim colours. Your 79 JET should be grey trims still, the black trims tended to come out in 1980. However the Spanish owners do like to 'update' their older Lambretta's to make them look like newer ones - so perhaps the owner had started to do this? I have seen many 1960's Eibar Lambretta's complete with added Serveta Lynx sticker sets and badges!!
Suspect though, that the black trims were added when the scooter was oversprayed. Hope this helps. Cheers Perry
Ihateyoubutler

Thanks for the replies.
I should have said that the scoot appeared to have been blown over without any stripping and that I only noticed the different colours when I took the panelwork off to clean the paint off the trims.Gear,clutch and rear brake cables are all black and appear to be origonal s all the clamps on the frame are still in place.
Thanks again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information