thought it would be a good idea opinions sought

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

i c intresting david, so are u trying to remove heat from barrell or exhaust ?
davidblythe

the idea was barrell

well better to try and fail , then do nothing
oldbiker

the cooler you can get an engine to run the more power you can develop before you hit problems, so an exhaust heat sink might be a good idea.

Heat sinks rely on surface area ie lots of fins, I would think that if you wanted to go down this path then the typical 4 stroke exhaust heat sinks would be a better idea if you could find one that fitted.

But to be honest I have never tried this myself.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

whats the science behind this, is it that copper atracts the heat ?
p.s thinking about this then dosnt the head cowl which is held on by the long nut act a heat shrink ? if so y not like soulad says hav 4 long bolts ?
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

rbgaz wrote:whats the science behind this, is it that copper atracts the heat ?
p.s thinking about this then dosnt the head cowl which is held on by the long nut act a heat shrink ? if so y not like soulad says hav 4 long bolts ?
The copper does attract the heat but the main idea is to increase the surface area so that heat is dissapated quicker and effectively should be cooled easier/quicker.
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Adspeed

You must have too much time on your hands Dave!! :D Only joking pal infact I may have a little bit of lathe work I need doing if you interested, very simple-not very interesting though.

I'm not really sure its gonna be of a benefit re heat dissipation.......Once upto temp will this not just maintain heat around the exhaust side of the barrel rather than cooling it??

Solid copper gaskets are available from my local shop so presumably others too (Std flange only I think?)......rectangular in shape but only as big as they need to be. I tried one once, couldn't get on with it but good if you alter the diameter at the flange/header.

:)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information