Billet Tubeless Wheels

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

I've been looking into tubeless rims and the options available and after seeking advice from those in the know as far as metal and engineering on a Lambretta is concerned, the Imola rims from CamLam are the best option available, particularly as these are split rims for ease of fitting tyres, but also the number of fixing bolts holding the rims together. But they cost £200 each :shock:
http://www.supermonza.co.uk/catalog/pro ... ts_id=3076

Personally, I'd like to see a complete billet front and rear wheel and do away with rims altogether. A bit like the DAC guys did but with the rear to be a direct replacement with the standard braking system and the front to be single disc with antidive option, but both to retain the standard 3.50x10 or 100/90 tyre sizes.

Obviously something like this will cost, but doing away with your existing hubs, and assuming it's possible, how much would you be willing to pay?

Any thoughts?

THESE COULD BE AVAILABLE THIS YEAR FROM THE DAC GUYS IF THERE'S ENOUGH INTEREST, SO PLEASE GIVE AN INDICATION IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND WE COULD GET THEM SOONER AND CHEAPER ;)
Last edited by soulsurfer on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Mel K

Those rims look smart, has anyone bought any/used them? The cost, if they're spot on, is soon forgotten.
col265

soulsurfer wrote:I've been looking into tubeless rims and the options available and after seeking advice from those in the know as far as metal and engineering on a Lambretta is concerned, the Imola rims from CamLam are the best option available, particularly as these are split rims for ease of fitting tyres, but also the number of fixing bolts holding the rims together. But they cost £200 each :shock:
http://www.supermonza.co.uk/catalog/pro ... ts_id=3076

Personally, I'd like to see a complete billet front and rear wheel and do away with rims altogether. A bit like the DAC guys did but with the rear to be a direct replacement with the standard braking system and the front to be single disc with antidive option, but both to retain the standard 3.50x10 or 100/90 tyre sizes.

Obviously something like this will cost, but doing away with your existing hubs, and assuming it's possible, how much would you be willing to pay?

Any thoughts

Soulsurfer.

Frank Sanderson does a tubeless front rim/hub that has one of his discs fitted. Look ok and very well made.

Colin.
soulsurfer

I've seen that Colin, it's a Grimeca wheel good idea, but more Vespa than Lambretta to me, and no rear to suit :-?
DJB
Dealer

Mike, Rich T must have somthing up his sleve. ;)
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

What about the SIP tubeless rims that should be coming soon, good price at under £50 a pop.
Slow is the new fast!
soulsurfer

DJB wrote:Mike, Rich T must have somthing up his sleve. ;)
I wish he did 8-)

The SIP will be out in about three months and look good, but the problem with wheel rims is that they only partially solve the problems due to working round the confines of the hub. That's where a one peice billet wheel would be the problem solved IMO a complete modern solution up with the autos out there now.
DJB
Dealer

soulsurfer wrote:
DJB wrote:Mike, Rich T must have somthing up his sleve. ;)
I wish he did 8-)

The SIP will be out in about three months and look good, but the problem with wheel rims is that they only partially solve the problems due to working round the confines of the hub. That's where a one peice billet wheel would be the problem solved IMO a complete modern solution up with the autos out there now.
I have the DAC ones on mine, i know they are 11in, but i wouldnt use anything else. A complete one piece rim and hub and tubeless to boot. No movement what so ever as the cone has gone and it go's direct into the splines.
soulsurfer

The DAC ones are nice, but the bulk of the rear puts me off. I remember a lot of requests for a standard drum fitting when these were in their infancy, plus you're limited with tyre choice and speed rating, or at least you were at the time. Can these not be made in a 3.50x10 inch size and fit the existing rear drum, that's what I'm seeking, if they can I'd have some, and I'm sure many others would too ;-)
DJB
Dealer

I dont know anyone that makes a good 350x10 speed rated tyre, not yet anyway. I Know DAC have sold lots of these and as for tyres i think 75mph is enough anyway. PS dac are on the case with a 10in ;)
Last edited by DJB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information