Billet Tubeless Wheels

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RICSPEED

would the rear one be a wide rim ? like the carbon s2 that was posted a while back
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
RICSPEED

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soulsurfer

RICSPEED wrote:would the rear one be a wide rim ? like the carbon s2 that was posted a while back
I hope not. That would have a very limited market. The brief is along the lines of modern but standard looking for 3.50x10 or 100/90 Tyres
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
DJB
Dealer

I think .a poll needs to be set up, to decide what peoples preferances are. There will only be one shot at this, it much be right for the masses. The more people want them, the cheaper it will be.
johnny templar
Playstation gamer tag: manics1972

i'd have a set. not sure how much i'd pay, but like someone stated here, if they work and work well the cost is soon forgotten.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I understand SCK and BGM products are developing a German made one piece wheel rim in conjunction with a sports wheel manufacturer.......should be in production soon.......
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've heard rumours of a Stainless steel one too made in Europe. (or was it a s/s split rim?) Doh!!!
rossi46

If the quality is good and you can the tyre on them better than the steel tubelees wheels, you can out me down for a pair, billet is expensive so anywhaer between 100 to 150 quid I reckon :?: :?: :D
soulsurfer

rossi46 wrote:If the quality is good and you can the tyre on them better than the steel tubelees wheels, you can out me down for a pair, billet is expensive so anywhaer between 100 to 150 quid I reckon :?: :?: :D
Yeah, and the rest. You'd be looking at £500+, don't forget it would replace the rim, hub and the brake with a modern hydraulic system too.

It looks like the PM Grimeca/Piaggio Zip hub conversion is the only solution available for the foreseeable future @£260. I'm warming to the looks too, now I've seen it fitted to a complete scooter, it is only the front wheel :( but I guess it's the most important of the two.
soulsurfer

Someone's been busy designing a 10 inch rear hub. Not sure if it'll fit a standard case yet. It'll be a while before any of this comes to fruition, but looks good...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information