V Force - TS1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adspeed

Never used a v-force in anything so a couple of questions for you guys....

None TS1 Question:I understand in theory the advantages but has anybody really felt the difference from changing to one?

TS1 Question:In the TS1 it will improve the boost port flow a touch I presume, anybody using this set up and any advice? Part No's? Did it improve ya mator?

Just taking a different angle on my TS and wondering if its really worth the money......? :)

Cheers Adam.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Yam reedblock with boyesen dual stage reeds, no stop plate (not that that answers your question :lol: )
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Adspeed

Cheers Dan,

I once was gonna use this set up. Not sure why I didn't think MB were out of stock of something.....

I would think an improvement over std reed so maybe a contender...... ;)
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Adam,

I believe the V-force hype. I've ridden a couple of v-force equipped bikes and they have all felt that they deliver more in the mid range. However, I am unable to answer your most incisive question, which is about the back to back comparision.

I was chatting to Harry Barlow about these reeds compared to the others, and he said he had put one on a flow bench and found that no difference in flow at the top end, but he stopped there and didn't explain if he had done other experiments at lower flows. He may have done, and found nothing worthy of mention. He may not have bothered, and missed discovering whether the v-force flows more or less at lower inlet speeds.

Overall, he was fairly dismissive of the v-force, but I still think that there is more flexibility in a v-force reed. JB's own TS1 was a joy to ride with v-force reeds and my son's small Vep makes good torque for a cheapy engine, and there is another V-force reed small Vespa engine on the way in Harwich.

The v-force 2 and v-force 3 reeds differ significantly in appearance, but I think they do the same job. I am pretty sure that the major driver for Tassinari creating the v-foce 3 was to do with driving down production costs. The v-force 2's appear on ebay quite regularly and can go for as little at £35. By close examination of the reeds I have held in my hand, plus photos on ebay, it looks like there are only a couple of different reed cages, but many more interchangeable base-plates. For example, the KX85 reed and the CR85 reeds are identical, but for the press-out baseplate. I even think that the 125cc reeds are the same as the 85cc items, but with a triangular spacer each side of the working part of the reed, but this is still to be proved.

When a bit of piston came loose in Will's engine and fecked his CR85 v-force reed, we could have acquired a KX85 v-force reed and swapped the base plate over. We didnt know this at the time, so we held out for another CR85 V-force reed and it cost £85 inc post from the USA. It was only later that we discovered the interchangeability. Our expensive purchase might save someone else some trouble or money.

Watch for splitting at the pointed end of the carbon reeds. They can de-laminate.

I hope this helps.
Martin
Adspeed

All interesting stuff Martin thanks very much. Just trying to figure out if the cost of an upgrade is gonna benefit my motor and just generally be worth it....

Anybody specific TS1 setups....? :)
Bufficus

Adspeed wrote:All interesting stuff Martin thanks very much. Just trying to figure out if the cost of an upgrade is gonna benefit my motor and just generally be worth it....

I changed from a Yam set up with standard race reeds to V-Force on my TS1 and I have to say i was a bit underwhelmed. The improvement was minimal and this was backed up by the dyno. A few people who frequent this site swear by them, but my experience was a little dissapointing.

If you have a standard cage and reeds then yes I would change to V-force, but I wouldn't change from a Yamaha set up unless you have £100+ pounds burning a whole in your pocket.
mickeyb

Gettin curious now....just purchased a modified V Force reed valve and modified inlet manifold for my standard Ts1 from MBD and it wasnt cheap i can tell u....its going in this weekend...hope i havent wasted my money!!!....can sum1 tell me the difference between a Yam reed valve and a v force one...thanks
soulsurfer

Bufficus wrote:
Adspeed wrote:All interesting stuff Martin thanks very much. Just trying to figure out if the cost of an upgrade is gonna benefit my motor and just generally be worth it....

I changed from a Yam set up with standard race reeds to V-Force on my TS1 and I have to say i was a bit underwhelmed. The improvement was minimal and this was backed up by the dyno. A few people who frequent this site swear by them, but my experience was a little dissapointing.

If you have a standard cage and reeds then yes I would change to V-force, but I wouldn't change from a Yamaha set up unless you have £100+ pounds burning a whole in your pocket.
I have to agree here, though slightly better in the lower mid-range, if you're already using a Yamaha set-up, then I wouldn't consider it worth the cost to upgrade, however, if on a standard reed block then I'd say go for it!

BTW The one required for a TS1 is for a Yamaha Banshee, which is a quad bike ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
wezly

theres v force available for the rb on the worb 5 site, does anyone have one? any thoughts on whether it would be much of an improvement over the standard rb reeds?
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

I've tested and used em adam! ;) Roadbike has the cr125 one in.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information