Spuer Monza - Won't be long now?...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bufficus

A standard bolt on TS1 on JB's dyno makes about 18bhp. When the RB first came out standard bolt ons with the Franspeed touring pipe were about 21bhp. A bit more for the race pipe.

J1MS wrote: But up to now Tino seems to have produced Quality rather than quantity
Not including the V2 Mugello 225, which are not very good due to the dodgy port timings.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Thanks Bufficus. In that case I can see the need for this kit. :twisted:
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
J1MS

Bufficus wrote:A standard bolt on TS1 on JB's dyno makes about 18bhp. When the RB first came out standard bolt ons with the Franspeed touring pipe were about 21bhp. A bit more for the race pipe.

J1MS wrote: But up to now Tino seems to have produced Quality rather than quantity
Not including the V2 Mugello 225, which are not very good due to the dodgy port timings.

Up till the V2 Mugello 225..... :oops: forgot about that one......
wezly

Whats the expected power output of super monza?
Powolotti
Dealer

power output of the SM should be 30 bhp with a 30mm carb and 34ish+ with a 34mm carb. Why no jap carb? "it´s not italian" (Tino)

It´s not totally fair to compare them against TS1 or RB Kits, as one major improvement will be Charlie´s exhaust.
A bog standard TS1 should put anything between 18 and 22 hp at the backwheel with the "old designs", a slightly ported TS1 (exhaust raised and widenend) with a Nordspeed Touring pipe also reaches around 33bhp, I´m sure with one of Charlie´s exhausts a TS or RB with altered port timings will also be in that region.
Still you get the full Kit with the SM and don´t have to fettle around.
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
wezly

Certainly looks impresive, so when is realisticly likely to be realeased, i was told by trevor in feb 2008 it was just around the corner!
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

33bhp ts1's slightly ported? At the back wheel? What is the power spread like? What do they rev to mate?We dont tend to see those figures on a Uk dyno pro / dyno jet dyno. Any uk tuners like to expand on that?
Jap carb? Most racers use Dellortos here- reason is adjustability. Charlie fitted the Dellorto. Re the pipe , well yes his pipes are good but he designs the pipes to work with the porting of course. This takes into account how much he can flow. The Ts1 simply cannot flow as much as the Super Monza will.The areas do not allow it. The same for the Rb kit. As people have stated 18bhp is realistic over here for a bolt on Ts1. And I agree with that.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

You only see 33 bhp at the rear wheel on slightly ported TS1's at one dyno in England :roll:

For a std bolt on with expansion I'd agree 18bhp/22bhp for TS1/RB there are not many TS1's on the road with anything approaching 30 bhp.
Powolotti
Dealer

isn´t this the same they said about Malossi kitted Vespas some years ago? ;)
...and Group 4 Lammys were 25hp? ;)

Power pickup is at around 5500, revs to 9000+, hp peak at ~8050, torque spread ~850 revs. If you pay a run on a UK dyno I´m your man to prove it :!: during our trip to Lincoln in June. Dunno if a Dyno with generally accepted readings is available en route? (Harwich-Lincoln-Hull) or even at Eurolammy site?
If it´s less I pay the beers and Dyno - my deal mates!

Whoever wins - we will surely have fun :lol:
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

Powolotti wrote:isn´t this the same they said about Malossi kitted Vespas some years ago? ;)
...and Group 4 Lammys were 25hp? ;)

Power pickup is at around 5500, revs to 9000+, hp peak at ~8050, torque spread ~850 revs. If you pay a run on a UK dyno I´m your man to prove it :!: during our trip to Lincoln in June. Dunno if a Dyno with generally accepted readings is available en route? (Harwich-Lincoln-Hull) or even at Eurolammy site?
If it´s less I pay the beers and Dyno - my deal mates!

Whoever wins - we will surely have fun :lol:

You may possibly find a dyno at EuroLambretta!??? ;)
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information